Operations Manager Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Operations Manager – Agrochemical Distribution,
Our client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of agrochemicals to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire an efficient Operations Supervisor tasked with leading the full scope of operations in the organization. The successful candidate will report directly to the MD and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the company’s operations.
- In charge of delivery logistics
- Liaise with sales department for efficient and cost effective means of sales delivery.
- Ensure that clients receive goods in good time and in acceptable condition.
- Identify and suggest to the management an appropriate, reliable and cost effective means of sales delivery to minimize expenses.
- In-charge of the company LPO book
- Verify the need; analyze cost and source of all purchases being made.
- Assist in carrying out monthly stocks take under the coordination of Finance& Admin Manager.
- In consultation with the Director, Sales Administrators and Warehouse Supervisor ensure that there are adequate supplies of re-packed stocks and packaging materials.
- Ensure timely repacking of stocks and at all times verify that stocks taken out for repacking are brought back to the warehouse in repacked form.
- In consultation with the Director, Sales Administrators and Warehouse Supervisor periodically review the products stock level to ensure that importation is done in good time to avoid inadequate or excess stocking.
- In consultation with the Director and Sales Administrators ensure that there are adequate supplies of product labels, packaging material and promotional material.
- Ensure that correct and approved versions of labels and marketing material are printed by printers at all times.
- In consultation with Director, source for reliable suppliers of motor bikes, office and warehouse equipment’s and machinery when need arises.
- In consultation with Finance Manager, be in-charge of repairs and purchases of spare parts for the company motor bikes and motor vehicles.
- Ensure company vehicles and motorbikes are serviced and repaired as need arises, expense records are kept for each automobile and assist in sourcing for credible mechanic.
- In consultation with the Director, liaise with the shipping and clearing agents to ensure that necessary imports documents are availed, import fees and levies are paid and import licenses are obtained in good time for custom clearing purpose.
- Prepare and ensure that service contracts are signed, payment for customs duty and services are paid in time to ensure that imports are received in good time at all times to avoid incurring demurrage expenses.
- Ensuring imports are offloaded in time upon arrival at company premises efficiently and effectively and delivery note, goods received conform to the packing list.
- In consultation with other office staff, budget and purchase office supplies on fortnight basis.
- Ensure that the warehouse and office premises area are in good condition by carrying out necessary repairs work.
- Ensure that the office utilities (e.g. telephone, IPO services) are functional at all times.
- Ensure that telephone, IPO, electricity, water and post office bills are paid in time.
- Ensure the premises have the necessary valid premises permits and licenses as required by law.
- Assist Finance Manager to follow up with the insurance broker for prompt payment of insurance claims and any other matter related to the insurance policy.
- Maintain and update regularly the staff leave records.
- Compile field staff fortnight budget for approval and submission to the Finance Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree/Higher Diploma in a business related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, in a fast paced environment
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must be between 33 – 38 years old
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player with strong organizational and coordination skills; able to effectively establish optimal work schedules
- Analytical, factual, and ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Able to drive initiatives and implement best practices in operations management
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management is a must
- Must be between 33 – 38 years old
- Male candidates encouraged to apply