Operations Manager Jobs, Other Professions, Brites Management Jobs
Position: Operations Manager – Airport Services
Nature of Job: Full Time
A company offering ground handling services in Kenya, with its Head office in Nairobi, and a branch in Mombasa is seeking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to provide leadership in delivering excellent and safe services across airport ramp and passenger services.
- Coordinating and ensuring passenger services are efficient and within set standards
- Ensures service delivery to customer airlines is according to the airline contracts, customer service standards and within the agreed budget level.
- Implement Policies and Procedures and ensures safety and security procedures are according to the Ground Services Health and Safety regulations, and according to international aviation standards.
- Recruiting and staffing, establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures to ensure the right people are hired for the right job.
- Conducts employee induction, capacity development, and continuous training to ensure compliance with local and international standards.
- Maintain good employee relations, communicate HR policies procedures, programs and changes in aviation and related laws.
- Coaches and trains supervisors in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Monitors performance, taking action to correct any shortfalls.
- Liaises with airline station managers, airport operations senior management, handling agents and security officials, union officials, and other airport stakeholders to identify and resolve any operational issues to maintain a good working relationship.
- Provides reports as required, and service delivery measurements to senior management.
- Provides leadership to the supervisors in developing their skills.
- Able to negotiate contracts with airlines a plus Work shifts as required by the business.
- Pre-flight planning for timely provision of services required for each flight.
- Planning for efficient utilization of staff and preparation of monthly duty rosters.
- Planning and ensuring equipment, tools and materials provided to staff to perform their work efficiently.
- IAATA approved diploma in Air Travel Operations; or Diploma in Passenger and Aircraft handling.
- Knowledge of airport and airline ramp services handling procedures, aviation safety and security procedures.
- Good knowledge of ramp GSE.
- Excellent working knowledge of Kenya Airports Authority, Kenya Civil Authority and IATA operating procedures.
- Experience in negotiating, preparing and ability to provide services as per Service Level Agreements
- Aptitude to develop the supervisor team, provide succession planning, and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business
- Good knowledge and experience in international standards and preparation of audits
- Basic Financial management skills
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy airport.
How to Apply
This is a senior position with an attractive remuneration package.
Please send your CV to: [email protected]