Operations Manager | ReliefWeb
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience
Reports to: Managing Director
Background: Vision Quest is a leading regional research and capacity development consulting firm, with operations in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia and South Sudan. VQ provides evidence-based research and consulting services to NGO’s, UN Agencies and private companies.
Job Description: Vision Quest is looking for an Operations Manager to join our team. Based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel, the OM will oversee the daily operations activities of VQ, including but not limited to procurement, Logistics, assessment of the safety and security for all field projects and the office.
- Coordinate activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements
- Responsible for the logistics, procurement, and planning of daily operations
- Assist the Managing Director in daily operations management and planning;
- Set and review operation budgets and managing cost;
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets for VQ
- Manage the operation team members;
- Monitor and purchase office supplies and equipment;
- Facilitate the travel of team members through reservations for transport and accommodation;
- Schedule and monitor procurement related to office and project activities, make regular progress with the country director to identify the most cost-effective and efficient solutions for office operations;
- Develop relations with logistics partners in Kenya and in the field;
- Regularly assess (especially at the security level) access to the different project areas;
- Develop field plans for project teams, enrich documentation on logistical and safety procedures to be followed in the different project areas;
- Develop and implement standardized processes, systems and procedures in order to ensure the efficient functioning of operations across all field sites
- Represent VQ and liaise with local and national authorities, UN Agencies and NGO’s to facilitate successful coordination of activities
- Attend and represent VQ at coordination meetings which are relevant to country operations activities
- Interface with national government and relevant agencies to ensure mutual understanding of operations
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of VQ, notably through the application of VQ’S Code of Conduct, ethics, and values with regard to internal and external actors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or another related field.
Required relevant work experience: 3-5 years’ work experience working for an INGO, NGO or non-profit organization.
- English and Kiswahili
- Effective ability to pro-actively prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and remotely with little oversight
- Strong Microsoft Office and Internet research skills
- Excellent communication skills