Operations Officer-GROOTS SACCO
GROOTS SACCO Society is a grassroots women-led SACCO formed to facilitate financial empowerment of women at grassroots level in Kenya . GROOTS SACCO mission is to enhance financial inclusion of grassroots women and their communities.
To support the growth of the SACCO, we are seeking to hire an Operations Officer. The specific tasks to for this staff include;
- Timely, accurate and appropriate capturing of data in accounting system and maintaining updated member records.
- Ensure that the SACCO has all the relevant policies in place and members are inducted into these policies.
- Ensure all loan applications are received, acted upon and disbursement made to members as per the loan policy.
- Track and follow up all loan repayment and produce reports on the same.
- Ensure members are adequately informed on the status of their accounts.
- Facilitate board and supervisory committee meetings.
- Ensure all books of account are well maintained, reconciliation conducted and management reports prepared for the board monthly.
- Ensure that the SACCO is appropriately branded and the communication strategy fully implemented.
- Commission and prepare for institutional audits.
- Ensure SACCO compliance with statutory requirements.
- Manage and be custodian of SACCO assets and documents
- Ensures that all SACCO data is handled confidentially
- Risk management
- A bachelor’s degree in business or any related field from a recognized university.
- CPA (K) and member of ICPAK
- 1 – 2 years relevant experience in a SACCO.
- Ability to do marketing, strategic leadership and risk management.
- Ability to deal with grassroots women from rural and urban settlement
- Must be business oriented
- Proficiency in computer applications mostly Ms Excel.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision.
How to apply
Send CV ONLY to [email protected] by Friday 18th June 2021 .
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.