Optometrist at Guru Nanak Ramgarhia Sikh Hospital
Location Pangani, Nairobi
Job Level Senior Level
Reports to: OPTHAMOLOGIST
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform vision test and analyze results
- Diagnose sight problems, such as near sightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses and medication
- Provide treatment such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation to improve visual issues.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, vision hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors
- Document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescription and long term medical management, in patient’s charts.
- Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the optical unit.
- Diploma in Optometry and vision sciences
- Must be registered and retained with the Optometrists Association of Kenya (OAK) and hold a valid practicing license
- At least 3 Year of relevant clinical experience
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
The post Optometrist at Guru Nanak Ramgarhia Sikh Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.