Oxygen Plant Administrator (2 Positions)
Hewatele Oxygen Plant administrator
Key Relationships :County Ministry of Health staff, Private health sector providers, Executive Director , Director Operations and Marketing , Technical Director
Reporting to : Operations and Marketing Manager
Details:The Oxygen Plant Administrator will be responsible for the general administration, operations and accounting component at the medical oxygen production plant.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
CPHD combines local capacity with global knowledge to empower public and private health sector workers to improve access to better quality health care services for the people they serve. Today, CPHD is leading a number of innovative projects in the region that seek to fast-track attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals to promote the well-being for all.
Hewatele (HT) is a social enterprise affiliated to CPHD (Center for Public Health and Development) Hewatele was set up with a vision to make medical oxygen an essential part of emergency healthcare at all levels of facilities in Sub- Saharan Africa.
Hewatele strives to ensure that:
Medical Oxygen is readily available at all health level facilities both public and private through production and distribution
Medical Oxygen is readily accessible to patients who need it and that it is safely administered
Medical Oxygen is affordable while ensuring that the organization is sustainable.
To contribute to the fulfillment of the Hewatele mission, vision and core values.
1. Offering administrative support to the HT program
- Ensure proper documentation of the entire HT inventory.
- Asset Inventory Management. Document the movement for cylinders to/from clients, full/empty cylinders available, status of all cylinders to the Enterprise Resource Planning System( ERP).
Maintain proper Public Relations with HT clients including maintaining public relations with relevant MoH (Ministry of Health) county officials.
Easy retrieval of documentation evidenced by proper and effective filling systems.
Updated status of the cylinders at all times on the ERP
Proper and effective client/customer care evidenced by reduced client complaints and increased positive feedback from clients and full engagement and relationships with relevant MoH officials as deemed relevant
2. Carry out basic accounting procedure for the HT program
- Maintain all client account details as stated in the SOPs.
- Maintain all records and documents for the HT business operations at the plant.
- Prepare monthly reports covering clients’ oxygen consumption demands and map projections based on the business plan
- Assist in both internal and external audits.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while ensuring cost effectiveness of any unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on- time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions including identifying opportunities and risks that affect the business while giving timely feedback on the same to management
- Manage and develop plant staff
- Follow up analyzed data from the ERP team to ensure corrective decision-making.
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address client issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Proper and updated client account details.
- Coordinate with finance teams to ensure timely invoicing and settlement of creditor’s debts.
- Production of monthly financial reports to the Manager with accurate data as required
- Efficient provision of necessary documents.
- Smooth running of operations and management of team members at the plant.
- Minimal monthly over end costs
- Effective sufficient supply chain of medical oxygen to clients
- Smooth running/ minimal interruption of operations while ensuring risks are mitigated in a timely manner and business opportunities are identified and implemented with support from management
Qualifications and Skills
· Academic background in Business Administration or equivalent
· Sound knowledge on accounting procedures and principles.
· At least 3 years’ experience of working in a busy environment on a management role.
· A commitment to learn and be open to new ideas and approaches.
· Excellent skills of operating Microsoft Office applications.
· A positive problem-solving approach.
· Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
· A commitment to work in a non-partisan manner.
How to apply
Send your cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of academic certificates to this email address [email protected] on or before 30 June 2020.