Participant Engagement Assistant Officer at Kenya Association of Manufacturers
Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses. KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities. In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business.
Reporting to: Participant Engagement Manager – Global Compact Network Kenya
Contract Type: 2 Years
Location: Global Compact Secretariat based at KAM Head Office in Nairobi.
To support the Global Compact Network Kenya initiatives including but not limited to; Membership management, event logistics, communication support, other administrative functions of the Network.
The objectives of this job will be met through the following key tasks:
- Membership recruitment and Management: Drive recruitment lead generation and on-boarding of new participants, offer support to companies in submitting annual Communication on Progress (CoPs) reports and Communication on Engagement (COE) on due dates, dispatching of membership certificates to members in liaison with the front office, follow up members on subscription payments, responding to members inquiries, logo use promotion
- Membership Relationship Building and Management: Build and maintain good relationship with the network membership through timely response to the queries, review and due diligence to new joiners, analysis of membership communication channels, uptake of the programs and prepare sector sustainability profiles.
- Events management: Assist in preparation, marketing and management of network forums, trainings, workshops, meetings. In liaison with the Participant Engagement Manager, support in preparing and delivery of presentations to extend the awareness and reach of the UN Global Compact.
- Communication and media support: In liaison with the network support and communication officer, support in updating all of the network’s social media platforms using approved social media assets, conduct media monitoring and analysis, photography, website management, brand management, create media , infographics and other visuals for campaigns, publications and events
- Database management: Update contacts of new members on the database, help participants navigate the UN Global Compact systems efficiently, responding to queries, concerns and requests and help solve problems effectively, ensuring the internal tools tracking members engagements and need for support are up to date including mapping member issues for effective resolution including escalation.
- Research: Support in research, analysis and report writing, this will include participant due diligence before on-boarding, gathering participant feedback and provide insights to the Network team to help direct strategy and plans to better meet participant needs
- Use and Shape tools to improve participant engagement team efficiency and company satisfaction, including the UN Global Compact database, CRM Software- (Salesforce), tracking and reporting system
- Global Impact Initiatives support marketing and promotion of all Global Impact nitiatives by disseminating the value proposition, assist in planning and organizing all events, support in developing an impact report for all GIIs
- Any other tasks as may be delegated by the Participant Engagement Manager and Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/ PR and communication/ business studies/Sustainability/Environmental sciences and studies
- Minimum 1 year experience either in corporate sustainability/ membership management/ project management/ corporate communication with a reputable organization;
- Proven competence in relationship building, events management and organization skills;
- Records keeping and agile administration skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication ,mobilization skills and attention to details
- Sensitive to cultural differences;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
UN Global Compact Values: Integrity; Respect for Diversity; Professionalism.
The post Participant Engagement Assistant Officer at Kenya Association of Manufacturers appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.