Partnerships And Resource Mobilization Intern at African Institute for Development Policy
In 2009, the African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP), an African-led, regional non-profit policy think tank, was established to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in the areas of population change and sustainable development, and health systems strengthening in Africa.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit an Intern to support the Partnerships and Resource mobilization (P&RM) Team. The P&RM Team’s primary objective is to implement the Institute’s Resource mobilization and Donor Engagement Strategy to enhance the effectiveness of the resource mobilizations and grants management functions of the Institute. This role offers a good opportunity to immerse oneself in development fundraising, research and policy engagement.
Key duties and responsibilities
Support resource mobilizations, partnerships and proposal development by:
- Researching and identifying potential funders and partners and updating the history maps
- Scanning for relevant calls for proposals, concepts notes etc
- Supporting proposal development (background research, collating project information, organizational information, customizing CVs to calls etc
- Supporting registration to funders online platforms
- Supporting engagement with funders and partners
- Populating partnership assessment and due diligence templates
- Supporting planning and participating in events and meetings relevant to resource mobilizations and partnerships building
- Supporting monitoring of impact and reporting
- Other related administrative tasks as required
The Intern will report to the Partnerships and Resource mobilization Officer and will also work closely with the Programmes and Communications Teams.
AFIDEP provides a stipend for interns.
The position is full time and is expected to start as soon as possible. This is a short-term intern position for an initial three months with possibility of extension to six months. The position is located at the Nairobi, Kenya Office.
Education, Essential skills and Experience
- At minimum a Master’s degree in International Development, Information Technology, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations or Business Management
- Strong written and oral communication (English)
- Excellent organizational
- Experience in Research
- Ability to multi-task
- Good ICT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick to learn new concepts and innovative
- Experience fundraising and proposal development ideal
The post Partnerships And Resource Mobilization Intern at African Institute for Development Policy appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.