Partnerships Associate Officer – Africa
• Identify and gather intelligence on funding prospects at country and regional-level with an affinity for research, development, and policy change aligned with the Alliance’s mission and strategic objectives.
• Co-design with the Alliance’s scientific community and senior leadership, funder engagement strategies (cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, campaigns) that lead to financial and in-kind contributions.
• Plan, design an ensure the Alliance’s participation in key regional and national events and policy dialogues related to the Alliance’s mission, to build and maintain funder and partner networks, and generate funding opportunities.
• Plan and oversee funder and prospective funder visits to Alliance offices and research sites to stimulate meaningful long-term relationships, including preparation of briefs and taking points.
• Support submission of high quality, strategic, competitive and timely proposals to funders, and follow through until approval.
• Contribute to maintaining a database of funder information and engagement.
• Provide support monitoring regional and country-level fundraising trends and opportunities for the Alliance’s different funding streams.
• Provide support in preparing regular analyses of fundraising performance to draw lessons learned from both successful and unsuccessful bids.
Education and professional requirements
• Masters degree in Business, International Relations, International Development, Rural development, or related fields
• Progressive experience of 5 or more years in partnerships building and/or fundraising positions
• Experience organizing events for maximum policy and fundraising impact
• Successful experience in donor engagement
• Knowledge of and/or experience with international donor agencies, private sector engagement and global foundations
• Track record of working with research staff to engage these with fundraising
• Professional proficiency in English language (oral, written)
• Professional proficiency in French language (oral, written)
• A successful fundraiser, with major gift responsibility and prior campaign experience
• A team-oriented individual, familiar with cultivation process, and possessing strong organizational skills
• Strong relationship- building, business, and project management skills
• Exceptional strategic planning abilities, attention to detail and delivery
• Ability to stay organized, maintains attention to detail, builds social capital, and execute assignments on time and with quality
• A strategic and innovative thinker who has demonstrated resourcefulness in working collaboratively with many stakeholders
Terms of employment
This is an international recruited position placed at a BG8, in a scale of 14 levels, with level 14 being the highest. The salary range starts from 39,000 USD per annum. The initial contract will be for two (2) years and three (3) months of notice period, subject to a probation period of six (6) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance Bioversity-CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive for gender, diversity and inclusion in our staff, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Office, at ([email protected]) and should clearly indicate “Application: Partnerships -Associate Officer”.