Pastry Chef at Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Responsible for working on a variety of stations in a high volume kitchen environment. Responsible for creating an exceptional culinary experience for the guests through preparation of all food items and equipment, cooking and food presentation.
- Teach at a diploma level in areas allocated by the Head of Academic Affairs
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor students’ records, achievements and attendance.
- Produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the students, guests or staff.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare, seasons and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
- Check supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Replenish service lines as needed, restock and prepare the workstation for the next shift.
- Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the College’s standards.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Key Skills and Competences
- Strong knowledge of subject areas combined with a broad subject background
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Hospitality management from a recognized institution/related field of study
- 3-5 years proven experience teaching as a Chef/Cook/Lecturer
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suites especially PowerPoint
- A deep understanding of commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Experience in a 4/5 star hotel will be necessary.
- Must be Computer literate
The post Pastry Chef at Kenya Red Cross Society appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.