PATH Job Vacancy : Senior Program Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH established a central Market Dynamics program in 2015 to ensure all PATH projects have access to in-house market dynamics expertise and to share market knowledge, best practices, tools, and frameworks to further build PATH’s global markets capabilities. Market dynamics entails analyzing how diverse forces in a market function and interact, identifying areas of dysfunction and their root causes, and developing strategies for addressing those issues to strengthen markets and increase health impact. In the global health field, market forces can include the actions of manufacturers, distributors, procurement agencies, regulators, donors, healthcare providers, and individual users.
We seek to recruit a Senior Program Officer to provide support to Market Dynamics Oxygen project and the Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) programs. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Provide support to the project team in development and execution of work plan and associated project activities in Kenya
- Provide local context and background to the PATH project team and collect preliminary market information in advance of project team time in-country
- Stakeholder engagement- identify, engage and serve as the local point of contact for key stakeholders in PATH’s Kenya market dynamics project activities.
- Contribute technical insight to the Kenyan market assessment, market access strategy, and potential market strengthening recommendations for oxygen concentrators and pulse oximeters
- Carry out initial data collection through desk research to amalgamate face to face consultations
- Provide technical support and document review
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant program experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Kenya’s health system at the national and subnational level, pertaining newborn and child health policies and practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of global health.
- Familiar with medical devices and/or MNCH medical devices more specifically.
- Familiar with the principals of Market Dynamics.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with country level Ministries of Health and national and subnational newborn and child health program managers in Kenya.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative field research, expert informant interviews, structured observations, and experience synthesizing information to identify current needs and practices to inform project strategy.
- Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize deadlines and work in fast-moving environments and teams, while maintaining accuracy
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.