Payroll Specialist Accountant at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees-including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities-whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Operations
Duration: 11 months Contract with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and processing of payroll for employees in the organization on a monthly basis
- Preparation and processing of monthly statutory/voluntary deductions for payment
- Maintain and review personnel timesheets on a monthly basis
- Manage organization payroll budget and expenses
- Address and resolve employee correspondence relating to the payroll system, that is the P9 Forms, Payslips, updating of voluntary deductions.
- Manage monthly payroll reconciliation
- Prepare monthly payroll allocation journal entries
- Entering and posting of payment transactions into the Great Plains Accounting System(GP) once approved by the Head of Finance and Operations
- · Prepare and facilitate donor verification exercises in review of payroll back -ups and vouching of supporting documents on needs basis;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of project and institutional audit of books of accounts by internal and external auditors;
- Participate in projects’ budget preparation exercises on needs basis
- Assist in preparation of budgetary control reports and burnrates for donors/projects’ as assigned on a needs basis.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and mid- year donor financial reports for submission to the Head of Finance and Operations.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting preferred, CPA (K)
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
- 4 to 5 years’ experience as a Payroll Specialist
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
The post Payroll Specialist Accountant at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.