Inventory & Warehouse Manager Job, Logistics Kenyan Jobs, Current Procurement Jobs In Kenya 2021,
INVENTORY & WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Our client is looking for an Inventory and Warehouse Manager who will oversee direct receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations.
They will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
Ultimately, one should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Prepare fast moving, slow moving and dead stock reports
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Check the website consistently for any sold-out items or any product irregularities
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Maintain an expiry report of all food related products and share upcoming expiries at
- least 2 months in advance.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information, and utilize reports to
- project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work
- procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- At least 5 years of experience in the logistics, warehouse, or inventory field,
- plus demonstrated management qualifications might suffice.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to[email protected]