People and Development Advisor – Africa, Middle East and UK
- Africa, ME and UK Hub – Business Operations Division
- Full time, permanent position
- Located in Nairobi, Kenya
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Africa, East Asia, Australasia and South Asia & Middle East. The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
About the Position
The People & Development Advisor supports the People Partner – Africa, Middle East &UK and People & Organisational Development (POD) team to improve and maintain core People and Development processes, protecting employee data integrity and confidentiality and providing advice to and administrative support for their client groups.
Specific responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Maintain employee records ensuring information within HRIS is up-to-date, accurate and compliant with data privacy obligations and supporting documents are saved in employee files.
- Collaboratively support the design and delivery of action plans with each client group that are aligned with the overall People & Organisational Development strategy and work plans including the provision of support for the full employee lifecycle including workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, remuneration and benefits, health and safety, employee engagement, succession planning and information management.
- Support the People Partner to resolve employee relations issues including the facilitation of mediation as required.
- Complete all letters and file notes necessary to ensure accurate records are kept for employee relations matters.
- Undertake research as required to ensure People Practices remain compliant with local labour laws.
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- Demonstrated Business partnering experience, preferably within complex, global organisations with matrix reporting requirements.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Human Resources Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team to support diverse and complex stakeholders with a track record of delivering results.
- Understanding and demonstration of implementing employment law.
- Experience using a global HR Information System.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills and commitment to delivering customer service in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and understanding of confidentiality and data privacy.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, multi-task and competently perform administrative work to achieve deadlines
Something extra to get our attention!
- Understanding of employment law across Africa, Middle East & UK
- Understanding of SAP SuccessFactors
Fluency in written and spoken English as well as the ability to travel domestically including travel to remote locations will also be essential.
How to apply
For further information on how to apply please visit our website http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies
Alternatively, If you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team on 02 8741 1969 via email at [email protected]
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.