People Operations Admin Contractor at Medic Mobile
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone. Medic Mobile serves as the technical lead and a core contributor to the Community Health Toolkit, which helps health workers ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks faster, treat illnesses door-to-door, keep stock of essential medicines, communicate about emergencies, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for an operationally minded, relationship building Admin/People Ops professional to support our People Operations/Admin for our Kenya, Senegal and Uganda hubs.
Start date: March 29, 2021
Duration: This is a short-term role from March 29 – September 15, 2021
Reports to: K. Fujii, Global People Operations Manager
Office & People Ops Administration. 60%
- Ensure timely admin support to teammates in the Nairobi, Dakar and Kampala hub and occasionally global teammates
- Provide logistics support and management for teammate’ travel and accommodation
- Manage inventory & facilities which includes overseeing cleaning, guarding and gardening services and regular and adhoc maintenance and repair.
- Annual renewal of lease- rent and vendor contracts for services: cleaning, guarding services.
- Manages existing relationships with vendors and benefits service providers.
- Manage petty cash, pay monthly bills (vendors, facilities, send airtime etc), and add expenses to expensify
- Manage employee data and ensure information is accurate, current, kept safe and confidential.
- Ensure timely benefits renewal/enrollment for health insurance, WIBA and pension.
- Lead onboarding and offboarding of teammates.
Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Performance Management 40% **
- Support hiring from point of job posting to hire (e.g. application pre-screening, interviewing, participating in manager hiring meetings, reference checks, contract signing etc.)
- Lead and promote employee engagement initiatives which include a monthly virtual activity, sending out quarterly staff engagement surveys and conducting 1-1 feedback discussions to reinforce company values and a positive work culture
- Send and follow up on timely completion of mid-year performance reviews
- Research teammate learning needs and propose learning resources
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Trust and relationship builder: able to maintain high level of confidentiality, establish quick rapport with teammates
- Customer/employee service oriented mentality: happy to help others even if it goes beyond your responsibilities!
- Organized and takes ownership: stays on top of multiple tasks and ensures deadlines are met
- Strong verbal and written communication: responds to requests and messages timely, clarifies and keeps all parties abreast of status. Understands the need for overcommunication in a remote environment
- Planner by nature: able to manage time effectively and work across time zones from California PST to Nepal NST
- Comfortable with technology: able to use slack, salesforce and google platforms or can learn quickly
- Humble and open to feedback
- Takes initiative and self-manages: critical in a remote environment, anticipates needs, takes action, problem and does not require much day to day managing
- Quick learner
- Prior experience in traditional office administration, basic finance support, or HR role nice to have but not required. Equally volunteer work that is applicable counts!
The post People Operations Admin Contractor at Medic Mobile appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.