Pharmacist at Kenyatta National Hospital
KNH has turned 115 years and it had its Centenary Celebration in 2001. The Hospital was built to fulfill the role of being a National Referral and Teaching Hospital, as well as to provide medical research environment. Established in 1901 with a bed capacity of 40, KNH became a State Corporation in 1987 with a Board of Management and is at the apex of the referral system in the Health Sector in Kenya. It covers an area of 45.7 hectares and within the KNH complex are College of Health Sciences (University of Nairobi); the Kenya Medical Training College; Kenya Medical Research Institute and National Laboratory Service (Ministry of Health). KNH has 50 wards, 22out-patient clinics, 24 theaters (16 specialized) and Accident &amp; Emergency Department. Out of the total bed capacity of 1800, 209 beds are for the Private Wing.
JOB GROUP KNH 7 (1 POST)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Pharmacist in provision of pharmaceutical services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patients convenience;
- Preparing and dispensing of medicines according to Good Dispensing Practices and counseling patients on use of medicines;
- Making of extemporaneous preparations; ordering, receiving, storage and issuing of pharmaceuticals;
- Participating in ward rounds to identify and advise on medicinal use, gaps and challenges;
- Filing and safe custody of patients prescription records;
- Responding to requests on medicine information from the general public and health workers;
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting of medication errors; and
- Preparing and disseminating drug availability lists to various specialist clinics.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Successfully completed one (1) year Internship.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Registered by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer application.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
The post Pharmacist at Kenyatta National Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.