Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician at Astra Aviation Limited
Astral Aviation is a licensed cargo airline that acquired its Air Operators Certificate (AoC) and Air Service License (ASL) from the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority in 2001 and subsequently designated as a cargo airline, by the Ministry of Transport of the Republic of Kenya in November 2006. Operating safely in the blue skies of Africa for over 20 years, Astral Aviation provides reliable and cost-effective airfreight solutions using a combination of scheduled and charter flights within its intra-African and European networks.
Location: Isinya, Kajiado County
Salary: As per the current commission structure in place.
Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
- Ensures the quality of all processes, procedures, materials, processes rework and finished products
- Perform chemical and physical tests to help a manufacturer develop new polymers and other materials.
- Record the measurements and results of the tests and share them with a chemist, chemical engineer or mechanical engineer on the research or production team.
- As a technician, you are involved in quality control. Specifically, test sample raw materials and finished goods for compliance with company, industry and governmental standards.
- Cleaning the laboratory and the equipment and instruments used therein, ordering needed supplies and disposing of trash and other waste.
- Provide organizational quality support by assisting with problem resolution on the shop floor which includes gathering information on any quality-related issues, conducting root cause analysis and providing resolution for non-conformities.
- Provide disposition and segregation of rejected materials and/or products. Summarize data and provide appropriate reports. Maintains rework inventory. Provides samples and sample data.
- Maintain calibration/verification records for all lab testing instrumentation and hand-held devices. Prepare test pipes (go-no go Gauges) for fit testing. Supply manufacturing with calibrated measuring and test equipment.
- Incoming inspection, including first piece inspection, verification of Supplier’s Certificates of Analysis, etc. Validation of product quality conformance to specifications.
- Complete ongoing Reliability Testing to ensure current products continue to meet product performance and/or formulation specs.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of quality concepts including variation, process control and root cause analysis.
- Cooperative attitude toward co-workers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of various equipment used in a laboratory (Fill machines, pallet jack, box knife, batch gun, mix tanks, drum mover, microscope, viscometer, Gas Chromatograph, and computer).
- Experience of 5 years in a pipe manufacturing or laboratory environment preferred.
Education and Certification
- Degree in a business, Engineering or scientific course of study or equivalent.
The post Pipe Manufacturing Laboratory Technician at Astra Aviation Limited appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.