Plumbing Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
WHO WE ARE Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is a charitable organization working in the rural area of Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County, Kenya. Our vision is people believing in themselves and working together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Train students in specific technical skills area (Plumbing) and prepare them for formal examinations/trade test.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enrich the existing Curriculum to include emerging trends in the Plumbing Industry.
- Develop lesson plans for training.
- Take part in recruitment process of the new students.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution among them.
- Prepare the students for their final examination and facilitate internal examinations.
- Accompany the class to the examination center whenever called upon.
- Ensure all qualified students are registered for the exams.
- Assist in ensuring that all qualified students pay their contributions to the exams.
- Ensure that the institutions values and principles are communicated to the students and their caregivers.
- Ensure that the institutions rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students.
- Ensure the students participate in all other related institutions activities.
- Keep and file daily attendance registers for the students as well examination records.
Economic Mentoring to Students
- Train and mentor students to acquire skills in developing items for sale and ensure self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate students to meet production deadlines and relevant targets.
- Train the students on how to deal with possible clients so as to enable them have competitive advantage.
- Train the students on how to determine prices of their finished products to enable them engage in profitable ventures out of the acquired skills.
- Train the students on the possible ways of marketing their skills.
Maintenance of Equipment
- Implement basic procedures that are geared towards ensuring better security of inputs.
- Carry out regular maintenance of equipment and assets i.e. oiling of the machines
- Request inputs from the inventory (and procurement) and allocate them to students for use.
- Report any damage caused and repairs needed in class and respective equipment.
- Lock and open the class (workshop) in the morning and evening.
- Provide recommendations that can improve security of the class and RWMT equipment.
- Assist in general repair and maintenance on areas that are relevant to the incumbents’ expertise whenever called to.
- Advise the organization promptly on different areas that are related to the incumbents’ field.
- Come up with products for the organizations use whenever called to.
- Spearhead production ventures of the organization with the help of students and casuals where necessary as per the set timelines.
- Supervise casuals and students work in regards to production.
- Ensure that the final products are of good quality so as to maintain satisfaction of RWMT clients.
- Take part in wage preparation of the casual staff engaged in production.
- Take part in conducting interviews for the casuals and staff in incumbent’s area of expertise.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of production and training reports in their agreed format and deadlines to facilitate follow-up and improvement of the work.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes of production and training activities.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of education:
At least a Diploma in the area of technical skills training from a reputable Polytechnic or/and Technical Institutions. A Grade 1 Trade Test Certification in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Plumbing Works
- Sales and Marketing
- Certificate in Computer Studies
- Must possess good facilitation/training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build harmonious relationships with students.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Must have registered with TVET
- Must have a Technical Teacher Training Certificate
At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position.
The post Plumbing Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.