Postural Management and Mobility Aid Trainer (Dadaab) at Lutheran World Federation
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF; German: Lutherischer Weltbund) is a global communion .The Department for World Service is the LWF’s humanitarian arm. It has programmes in 32 countries. The LWF is a member of ACT Alliance.
Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Postural Management and Mobility Aid Trainer in Dadaab Refugee Camp and Reporting to the Community Services Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of clients at risk of postural distortion due to neurological or motor dysfunction through individualized assessment in the rehabilitation center.
- Setting appropriate postural management and therapeutic interventions to improve on the posture of the client. • Address both the positioning and seated mobility needs of individual with moderate to severe postural dysfunction.
- Maintaining joint range of motion and reduce the risk of developing orthopedic deformities by increasing the number of hours the client spends in symmetrical and therapeutic posture.
- Provision of orthotics and/or equipment to correct posture, mobility and train on the use of the equipment and orthotics.
- Offer advice and instruction on adaptive equipment, orthotics and educating client/family /caretakers on correct posture in order to increase participation in daily activities.
- Working in collaboration with other rehabilitation team members to improve the posture and mobility of the client.
- Offering training on postural management and mobility aid to mid-level therapists and Community Rehabilitation Workers.
Professional Qualifications, experience & skills
- Diploma in Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy or orthopedic technology
- Certificate or on job training and experience in postural management or on mobility aid.
- Minimum of two years practical experience in postural management
- Working experience in rehabilitation/inclusion of children with disabilities is an added advantage
- Knowledge in computer packages Personal Attributes
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners
- Strong administrative skills, Problem solving, conflict resolution skills & ability to maintain confidentiality • Able to complete required reporting and documentation by deadlines
- Able to work independently; self-motivated & Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
The post Postural Management and Mobility Aid Trainer (Dadaab) at Lutheran World Federation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.