Principal Accountant at Samburu County
As findings from the shores of Lake Turkana prove, the region has been inhabited since the dawn of the very first humans. In the past few centuries, the land has been roamed by various pastoralist peoples who constantly competed for pasture, water and animals. In 1886, the first Europeans to travel through Samburu County, on their way to Lake Turkana, were the Hungarian Count Samuel Teleki and his Austrian companion Ludwig von HÃ¶hnel who gave the biggest permanent desert lake the name ‘Lake Rudolf’ (after Prince Rudolf, then archduke of the Austria-Hungary Empire). The name stuck until the 1970s, when it was officially renamed Lake Turkana. The next Europeans to follow Teleki and von HÃ¶hnel were big game hunters who set camp at the animal-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro. Development Much of the dry vast north has always lagged behind in terms of development, one of the carryover legacies of British administration which shut off the region.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE, ECONOMIC PLANNING& ICT
Principal Accountant JOB GROUP CPSB 06
No of Positions: 2
Reporting to the Head of Treasury (Accounting), will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of Financial and Management Reports that fall under his/her Section.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of quality management report.
- Preparation of revenue and expenditure returns in the County as required by Treasury regulations and law.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Undertaking ad hoc assignment relating to accounting services.
- Preparation of management financial reports which include; monthly expenditure,returns, monthly bank reconciliation statements. and revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits and maintenance of up to date and accurate books of accounts.
- Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions.
- Assist in preparation of responses to external audit reports on departmental financial matters.
- Ensuring effective internal control systems.
- Advice the Departments on financial matters.
- Responsibility to authorize payments and sign cheques.
- Verify returns, documents, vouchers, monitor revenue collection and safe guarding Government assets and records.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements For Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Bachelor of Business Management/Administration, Commerce (Accounting Option or Finance Option) from a University recognized in Kenya
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA(K)
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing.
- Certificate in Computer Application Packages.
- Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in the work performance and results.
- Have shown exemplary Leadership Qualities.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The post Principal Accountant at Samburu County appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.