Principal Internal Auditor at Kenya Leather Development Council
- Company: Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Job Ref No.: KLDC/011/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas.
- Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules.
- Assisting in the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes.
- Performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures.
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented.
- Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings.
- Leading specific audit teams.
- Preparing periodic audit reports.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years work experience in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA or its equivalent qualification.
- Be a member of a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and/ or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya).
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in Computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to [email protected] attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.