Principal Office Administrator Job Bukura College
Principal Office Administrator Jobs, Administration Jobs 2020, Bukura College Jobs
ONE (1) POST V/NO.3/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh.69,660 – Ksh.92,970 p.m. BAC ‘5’
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment: –
The Officer at this level will serve as a secretary to the Chief Executive Officer.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have; –
- served in the grade of Senior Office Administrator or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of four (4) years;
- A Diploma in Secretarial studies from the Kenya National Examination Council; OR
Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES & GC) from the Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Shorthand III (120 W.P.M)
- Typewriting III (50 W.P.M.)/ Computerized Document Processing III
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
- Business English III/Communication II
- Commerce II
- Office Practice II
- Secretarial Duties II
- Certificate in Computer application skills;
- Kenya National Secretaries Association Membership;
- Certificate in Secretarial Course lasting not less than four weeks from the recognized institution.
- Certificate in Computer application skills; and
- Meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Manage petty cash by drawing up the budget and transactions, recording and replenishing to keep track of the financial resources within the section.
- Oversee the proper use and operation of office equipment to ensure longevity of the equipment and that work is completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure security of office equipment, confidential documents and records in order to preserve aspects of institutional memory and to determine how long to retain records, their capacity for re-use as evidence of activities, transactions, and decisions, by ensuring security is adhered to.
- Attend to visitors/clients, including telephone calls and appointments by reflecting professionalism in order to create a good image of the college.
- Maintain an office diary and travel itinerary for the Chief Executive Officer by ensuring time is allocated in advance to timelines to work on the project and ensure meetings are properly scheduled.
- Take oral dictation by ensuring a good test of spelling, writing, or language skills, when taking notes in meetings for correct recording of information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process word and data from manuscripts through the manipulation of input data with an application program to obtain desired output as an audio/video, graphic, numeric, or text data file for smooth flow of information within the College.
- Prepare responses to general correspondences from prospective clients, staff and other key stakeholders of the College by ensuring all incoming correspondences reach the records office in a timely manner and circulated for immediate action.
- Safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of data through the dispatch of documents to authorized staff and having a proper record in order to trace lost documents to ensure all information is preserved correctly.
- Manage office protocol and etiquette by presenting practical, sound advice on common situations involving office etiquette in order to improve the institution’s image
- Supervise office cleanliness and maintain office supply inventory, cleaning products and tools required for services for a clean and healthy environment.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to apply to the: –
Bukura Agricultural College,
P.O Box 23-50105
- Applicants should attach certificates, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter quoting the position and the reference Number on the envelope. It is an offence to give incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and Clearance certificates during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Bukura Agricultural College is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications should reach the College on or before 29th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm
(East African Time)