Principal Officer – AML Monitoring at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Principal Officer – AML Monitoring within Risk and Compliance within M-PESA Africa. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager – AML Monitoring, the position holder will To support the Senior Manager Money Laundering and provide leadership in MPESA Africa anti money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) monitoring and prevention processes, systems and platforms. Ensure the implementation and effective operation of AML and CFT platforms across all MPESA markets. Ensure effective and appropriate training of all users of AML and CFT platforms. Ensuring that M-PESA and any other qualifying service offered by the organization is/are compliant with provisions of all relevant anti money laundering and counter financing of terrorism regulation across all M-PESA markets.
- Develop and maintain an effective monitoring and analytical function in regards to financial transactions across the M-Pesa Money transfer service
- To implement a comprehensive review process of sample transactions or activities in the relevant M-Pesa Systems to identify suspicious transactions and activity systems
- Create and supervise the creation of management and regulatory reports highlighting suspicious transactions and activity identified from the review of sample transactions
- Implement and effectively operate AML and CFT platforms across the various M-Pesa markets.
- Ensure effective training of all AML and CFT platform users and all other appropriate users
- Carryout AML and CFT risk assessments across M-Pesa Africa activities, products and services
- Drive Strategic research as required in relation to high value/threat of AML fraud, risk and security issues.
- Follow-up of implementation of recommendations made by the annual Vodafone AML audit team or any other regulatory audit
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current AML regulations, legislation requirements, as well as future developments within the AML scope
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders e.g. M-PESA department, Legal, Fraud, Call Centre and relevant departments to ensure that compliance issues are regularly discussed with relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business related field or computer science/ Information Technology
- AML Qualification
- At least 4 years proven experience in AML in a large financial institution or mobile money environment.
- Experience in implementation of AML platforms
- Experience in managing fraud management systems will be an added advantage
The post Principal Officer – AML Monitoring at Safaricom appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.