Principal Supply Chain Management Officer at Kenya Leather Development Council
- Company: Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
JOB GRADE KLDC 4 (1 Position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/010/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Procuring goods, services and works.
- Conducting disposal of stores and equipment.
- Undertaking market surveys and research.
- Managing and controlling inventory.
- Maintaining and updating list of prequalified supplies, consultants and contractors.
- Implementing decisions of the procurement, tender and disposal committees.
- Preparing contract documents, purchase and service orders.
- Participating in the evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals; inspection and acceptance of goods, works and services.
- Preparing statutory reports.
- Providing secretarial services and advice to relevant committees.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years work experience in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Procurement and Supplies Management, Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Economics or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Be a member of a professional body – either KISM or CIPS or both.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to [email protected] attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.