Process Improvement Officer Job. KenGen May 2019
Chief Process Improvement Officer Jobs, Technical Jobs, Parastatal Jobs, KenGen Jobs
Current job Level: Three (3)
Division: Strategy & Innovation
Section: Process Improvement
Station: Central Office
This role is responsible for implementing the Company’s process improvement agenda by identifying best-fit process improvement avenues and value-add or mitigation measures to curb poor internal service delivery.
- Analyze and evaluate existing business processes, both electronic and physical, and identify process efficiency and effectiveness improvement opportunities such as bottlenecks, risks, duplicate activities, compliance to regulations (when applicable), and support process improvement activities in these areas;
- Implement Lean and/or Six Sigma methods to design and implement process efficiencies;
- Provides direction and oversight to process improvement project teams to design and implement solutions that meet applicable business requirements;
- Identify new business improvements / services / products generated from business performance / process analysis and lead in their implementation rollout to ensure significant value to the business;
- Manage a portfolio of best practice avenues, benchmarking alternatives and tracking of the improvements;
- Perform project management, analytics, and measure to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved. To actively monitor project risks, foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance;
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times; and
- Maintain corporate processes related documentation for purposes of sharing with relevant stakeholders and for staff to improve their functional deliverables.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement efforts in support of corporate strategic goals and operational business needs;
- Develop and co-ordinate the performance excellence / performance improvement vision and deployment planning as defined by the Executive Team;
- Facilitate the design and implementation of new/improved process models and organizational structures;
- To assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy;
- Ensure key business process and improvement activities are aligned to the strategic priorities of the business and identified best-practice benchmarking; and
- Support in Strategy review through process-based Situational Analysis of internal processes and review sessions.
- Support in problem and solution development while helping key stakeholders break through organizational barriers and identify value-proposition;
- Coordinate periodic operational review meetings and quarterly strategic / top management review meetings to examine progress and overall business performance;
- Implement and maintain Business Intelligence metrics to provide top management with real-time developments of critical performance-related elements; and
- Undertake continuous Business Processes Reviews and Improvements based on process value analysis relative to the strategy and coordinate review meetings with process owners to examine progress and overall impact on business performance.
- Prepare quarterly Board papers on process improvement progress;
- Ensure progress monitoring, evaluation and reporting and prepare papers on process improvements to ExCo; and
- Develop corporate presentations and maintain a repository of reports and presentations submitted by the Company.
Managerial / Others
- Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system;
- Prepare and submit sectional budgets for approval by the Management and Director and ensure prudent use of resources;
- Prepare and circulate the section’s monthly report and ensure follow through for the gaps; identified;
- Review tender documents initiated in the department and ensure timely availability of resources necessary to meet departmental objectives.
- Involved in preparation of reports for other stakeholders as well as Ministry of Energy and Petroleum and project briefs.
- Represent the Strategy Manager in internal and external consultative meetings and engagements.
- Spearhead corporate culture activities in the department;
- Coordinate and conduct ISO audits in the section.
- Represent the Strategy Manager in key stakeholder engagements that may include project collaborations and resolution of corporate performance issues.
Judgment and decision making
- Implement critical decisions regarding the company future in light of current and future conditions;
- Recommend business improvement ideas to be implemented across the business, process improvement tools and program of process turn around measurement and evidence gathering;
- Identify action plans for development and implementation of cost management initiatives; and
- Provide procedural advice to departmental staff, conduct performance appraisal for the officers and recommend staff for promotion; re-deployment, training and competency development.
- Advise management on business improvement initiatives to be implemented and updates on key areas of process improvements;
- Provide advice on development / revision of Company policies and procedures in line with the strategy as well as for the Strategy Development department;
- Prepare Board approval papers on objective corporate performance;
- Liaise with consultants on best practices;
- Undergraduate degree in a Technical, Science or Business-related field;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a managerial, strategy or in a business related field is an added advantage;
- Relevant professional qualifications and membership in a related field from a recognized institution is mandatory
- Professional qualification in Project Management would be an added advantage.
- At least Seven (7) years’ experience with at least three (3) years at senior management level in a leading organization;
- A proven track record in process improvement programs, improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis;
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean and value stream mapping;
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts;
- Relevant experience in the energy sector and familiarity with key sector stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and competence in managing diverse teams. Proven experience in engaging top management teams, anticipating, filtering and accelerating issues and problem resolution across divisions, departments and teams.
Skills and Competences
- Planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Business acumen, organisational and entrepreneurial skills
- Sound decision making and judgement skills
- Negotiation and people management skills
- Relationship management and cross-functional business skills
- Proficiency in SAP and Business Intelligence systems
- Oral and written communication skills with Proficiency in MS Suite of packages
Candidates shortlisted for the interview of Manager and Chief Officer positions will be required to submit the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit application letters complete with detailed resume and copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Human Resource & Administration Director,
6th Floor Room 6.01
P.O. Box 47936-00100
Or send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference number of the job should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Detailed job descriptions are posted on our website: http://www.kengen.co.ke/jobs/
Closing date for applications is 17th May 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: KenGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing and falsifying or misinterpretation of qualifications will lead to automatic disqualification.