Procurement Assistant Jobs, Latest Procurement Jobs In Kenya
Role Summary: Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant job exists to promote a collaborative, client focused, quality and result oriented approach in the Procurement Unit and effective delivery of the procurement services at Tenwek Hospital.
- Assisting the Procurement Officer in running the Procurement office and handling all procurement roles of the Institution.
- Procuring goods and services for the Hospital through prompt conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders.
- Managing the quotation process and expediting the delivery of goods and services.
- Assisting in supplier pre-qualification and participate in the opening of tenders
- Working in conjunction with the line managers to ensure clear specification of goods/services.
- Processing purchase requisitions and ensuring they are duly approved by the relevant signatories before converting into purchase orders.
- Analyzing requests for quotation.
- Tracking purchase orders for approval and forwarding to suppliers.
- Preparing weekly supplier delivery plans for review and implementation.
- Prepare weekly delivery status progress reports.
- Ensuring delivery of own and departmental key result areas.
- Any other duty given from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management from a recognized University;
- Must be a member of a recognized professional procurement body (KISM)
- Must be a licensed practitioner
- Knowledge of contract law is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Born again Christian
- At least One (1) year’ experience in a procurement office in a reputable organization
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to:[email protected] by 30th June, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted.