Procurement/Logistic Officer (PLO)
KENYAN NATIONALS ONLY
Starting date: End of September 2020
Deadline for application: 06/09/2020
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
Duty station: Nairobi
Report to: Head of Finance and Administration
CEFA – the European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO, which was established in 1972 and is currently active in 10 countries across Africa and Latin America. CEFA lays its foundation on the principles of solidarity and cooperation between the different regions of the world in the name of Justice, Human rights and peace. CEFA believes in the development of communities and local institutions, aiming to improve families’ living conditions and communities’ economies through capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy for the protection of vulnerable person’s and their fundamental human rights.
Objective and General Characteristics:
The Procurement/Logistic Officer will have the overall responsibility of all procurement and logistic activities carried out to support CEFA Kenya/Somalia programs implemented in the different project’s locations.
Responsibilities will include in particular:
· Procurement of goods, services and constructions according to the requirements and in accordance with donor’s and CEFA internal procedures.
· Drivers and vehicles fleet management;
· Customs clearance and shipment of goods to and from the field;
· Stock, facility and equipment management
(S)he will directly manage all the logistic staff based in the Regional Office and supervise the staff based in the field offices ensuring the correct use of procurement and logistic procedures set with the Administration Department.
The Procurement/logistic officer reports to the Head of Finance and Administration and at functional level to the Project Managers
Areas of Responsibilities :
· (S)he supports the Project Managers and the Managers of the Field offices in the procurement planning.
· (S)he supports the Project Managers and the Managers of the Field Offices in the procurement of goods and services, for project’s and Regional office’s needs, in compliance with technical requirements and applicable terms and conditions.
· (S)he prepare all the tender dossiers as per CEFA’s Procurement Procedure and (S)he guarantees the compliance with procurement and financial procedures at every stage: from preparation of the tender dossier to the award of the supply contract.
· (S)he carries out the procurement process, as instructed by the PMs, ensuring compliance with CEFA and donors procurement procedures.
· (S)he coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for goods, services or works.
· (S)he closely follow up the performance of the suppliers, in accordance with CEFA and Donors standards, and the feedback received from the internal users of goods and services (Project Managers, beneficiaries, etc.)
· (S)he Manages the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise and supports the Project Managers and the Managers of Field Offices in the negotiation of frame agreement with suppliers in order to ensure the best cost efficiency.
· (S)he Reviews the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective and gives recommendations for improvement;
· Secretary to the Bid Evaluation Committee; (S)he collates and present procurement documentation to the relevant Tender Committee for adjudication and award;
· (S)he regularly carries on market assessment and keep an updated database of suppliers divided by categories.
Drivers and Vehicle fleet management (Regional Office and field Offices):
- In coordination with Project Managers (PMs) and the Head of Finance and Admin (HFA), (S)he prepares and follows up the vehicles fleet planning, ensuring a cross-project optimization.
- (S)he ensures the maintenance and the repairs of vehicles based in the Regional Office.
- (S)he ensures the correctness and the supervision of the required reports (logbooks, statistic about performed km, costs of maintenance, cost per km, etc..) and checks of vehicles based in the field.
- (S)he ensures that the regulations governing the use of vehicles are respected.
- (S)he Manages the disposal of obsolete and disposable items with authorization from the Finance and Admin Manager
Customs clearance and shipment of goods to and from the field
(S)he organizes air and surface transport to all locations as requested by the Regional Coordinator or PMs:
- (S)he produces and keeps records of documentation relevant to transport and delivery (packing list, waybills, delivery notes, goods receiving notes, customs notes)
- (S)he arranges and follows up the transportation of goods from the Regional Office to the field and to/from the field offices
- (S)he ensures the customs clearance
Stock, facility and equipment management
With reference to facilities and equipment located in the Regional Office and in the field offices:
- (S)he ensures the correct management of facilities of the Regional Office (including the Guest House)
- (S)he supervises and support project and offices’ staffs for the management of CEFA equipment and assets (e.g providing information for maintenance)
- (S)he is responsible for the stores in-and-out movements and for the technical equipment management.
- (S)he ensures an accurate and up-to-date inventories of all CEFA equipment and goods in the Regional and Field Offices according to the procedure and requirements set by the Administrative Department and Donors requirements;
- (S)he ensures the respect of the procedures for inventory set up by the Administrative Department in all CEFA offices.
- (S)he ensures the security of goods and properties in the Regional Office and the adoption of the CEFA security procedures for goods management in all field offices.
With reference to staff dedicated to manage logistics/procurement in the Regional Office and in the field offices:
- (S)he will directly manage the logistic personnel in the Regional Office whereas supports and functionally supervises the logistic personnel in the field also with regular field visits as required
- (S)he monitors the performance of each staff under supervision and do their appraisal.
- (S)he organizes the procurement/logistics meetings (daily, weekly/monthly, ect.).
- (S)he organizes personnel missions from the Regional Office to the field locations (transport, accommodation, security, travel documents etc)
The Procurement/Logistic Officer is available to perform any additional duties required by the Head of Finance and/or Regional Coordinator.
· Kenyan national only
· Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management (Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized University combined with at least 5 years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of the Diploma)
· At least 3 years of relevant working experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations for INGOs and/or UN Agencies
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is required Fluency in oral and written English
· Sound understanding of procurement, administration, and logistics management systems
· Membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a plus
· Ability to work out methods to deliver successful and timely procurement/logistic support to all running programs
· Procurement ethics and the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with CEFA and donor policies and procedures
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons, with the required experience are invited to submit their application to [email protected]
Email subject: PLO KENYA-SOMALIA
Application to include ALL of the following:
· CV, including 3 reference contacts
· Cover letter (1 page maximum)
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of filling this position, the applications received will be revised on a rolling basis and the Management can close the vacancy before the indicated deadline as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.