Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs In Kenya 2020
Role Summary: Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the Procurement Officer is responsible
for ensuring timely procurement of goods, services and works; assist in developing and
implementing policies, and administrative systems in line with budgetary allocations in the
Hospital for all functions.
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Examine and test existing contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the Institution.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Liaising with the stock management office to ensure that procurement of needed items is done and delivered in time.
- Ensuring correct specifications from users, and proper requisition authorization
- Receive requisitions for services needed by different units, sections, departments and the hospital in general, that are required for running it.
- Ensure use of updated list of pre-qualified suppliers or contractors to supply and provide various services to the hospital.
- Receive feedback from hospital services end users and respond accordingly in the hospital.
- Prepare and respond to service lender concerns through phone, mail or other appropriate media.
- Carry out market surveys and research to inform continuous improvement of services lent the hospital.
- Manage data of all records of hospital services rendered including their costs, deliveries and inventories in the hospital.
- Prepare all relevant documents and forward them to accounts to facilitate payments to service lent by renders for timely service delivery in the hospital.
- Raise services receipt vouchers to support verification of invoice sent by service providers to ensure payments for only what has been provided to the hospital.
- Monitor and ensure that services provided to the hospital by service lenders are sufficient and up to the required specifications and standards in the hospital
- Any other duty given from time to time
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management from a recognized
- Must be a member of a recognized professional procurement body (KISM)
- Must be a licensed practitioner
- Experience in ERP software
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software.
- Knowledge of contract law is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of e-procurement systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Born again Christian
- At least Five (5) years’ experience as a Procurement Officer in a reputable organization
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to:[email protected] by 30th June, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted.