Production Coordinator | ReliefWeb
We are seeking to recruit a Production Coordinator to join the Artisans team based out of our Mara location, with occasional travel to Nairobi.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and oversee the distribution of materials that go into communities and the Empowerment Center (EC)
· Manage and oversee the collection of finished products that come from communities and the Empowerment Center (EC)
· Work closely with the Community Mobilizer and Production and Quality Control Assistant to ensure production targets are met to hit our deadlines
· Daily efficiency tracking and quality control
· Work order reconciliation
o Assist with the collection of orders/receiving of orders in community & EC.
o Quality control
o Record the daily production numbers and compile payment sheets.
o Keep all documents up to date
· Provide daily update to Production Manager on production status
· Work closely with the production manager on the production planning, and providing updates on production status
· Comply with Quality Standards and established policies and/or procedures
· Create professional, but very friendly relationships with the Artisans
· Perform other related duties as required
· Act as a role model and representative of Me to We Artisans and be able to speak about it effectively to guests and other team members.
· Work above and beyond regular working hours depending on schedule, this includes Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
Key Areas of Success:
· Passion for social change and shared organizational values
· Thrives in a fast-pace, entrepreneurial environment
· Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player
· Extremely detail-oriented and organized
· Comfortable lifting and organizing boxes up to 50lbs
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
· Exceptional communication skills in English (oral and written), as well as strong writing skills
· Resourceful, self-motivated and energetic
· Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges
· Diploma / Degree in any related course
· 2 plus years of experience in a similar role
· Strong computer skills – proficient in Microsoft word, excel, and database management