Program Manager Job. Microsoft – Career Point Kenya
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.
Microsoft Kenya App Compatibility team is helping Windows customers every day. We work with the latest software and devices to directly impact the delivery of Windows.
- Engage with internal and external customers and partners to identify, prioritize and plan new investments in the area of application and device Compatibility
- Develop functional specs that identify the use cases and requirements defining the success of the ADC Compat team’s deliverables
- Identify and manage dependencies the ADC Compat team has from and to other Microsoft teams
- Use data to understand and communicate progress towards goals to stakeholders in ADC and remote
- Build a strong understanding of the Windows app ecosystem, and what our customers expect from it
- Drive for results, increasing our team’s impact as our processes and content identify issues more effectively.
- Work with data to measure impact, effectiveness and make business decisions.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you deliver.
- Work with latest Windows devices and technologies.
- Collaborate with other Windows Development teams based in Redmond and Ireland
This is a technical role and we require a good understanding of core operating systems and programming concepts.
- Industry experience designing, building, testing & shipping software.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity comfortably.
- Passion for customers and product quality.
- A natural passion & drive to lead by example.
- We deal daily with issues affecting multiple teams world-wide, strong leadership and communication skills are a must.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks competently
- Solid problem solving skills
- 2+ years experience in the software industry
- Motivated individual who can learn quickly an evolving set of technologies
How to Apply