Programme Assistant-Humanitarian Action at United Nations
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Specialist for Humanitarian Action, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support in the formulation of Programme Strategies:
- Collect and present background information for the preparation of effective application of RBM tools;
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the unit.
- Identify sources, gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Programme Management Support:
- Support the Regional Humanitarian Specialist in the implementation of mechanisms for development projects through monitoring of budget preparation and modifications:
- Support the organisation and implementation of programmatic and policy advice;
- Support project oversight meetings by taking minutes of meetings and liaising with relevant UNW Offices and other stakeholders:
- Support efforts for resource mobilization, including preparing background documents and concept notes;
- Support in Donor reporting and monitoring of implementation of projects
- Provide necessary information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Country offices, Regional Office, and other relevant programme teams and input to various databases and documents.
- Provide administrative and financial management support to the Policy and Programme Unit:
- Support the Humanitarian Specialist in the financial management of programmes;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects and register of goods receipt in Atlas;
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Support in the voucher verification and purchasing for travel, meetings and new vendors;
- Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing:
- Share relevant information and updates with partners and relevant thematic networks;
- Support synthesis of lessons learned, and best practices related to programme management and programme finance;
- Support contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Coordinate project related events, trainings and workshops and compile reports
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development, Humanitarian, Disaster Risk Reduction, Peace Building, Gender or other relevant area to humanitarian, DRR and Resilience Building.
Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 5 years of progressively relevant professional working experience in programme management support.
- Specific experience in, Humanitarian, Disaster Risk Reduction, Resilience and Livelihoods and/or in Gender/Women’s Rights.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management, Disaster risk reduction, Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations Area of expertise details:
Gender and women rights focus
Driving license: No
Accountability, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
The post Programme Assistant-Humanitarian Action at United Nations appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.