Programme Associate at UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. It provides expert advice, training, and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security.
UN Women Kenya in its Strategic Note 2019-2022 inline UNDAF and Kenya vision 2030 in supporting national priorities on Gender Equality and Women’s’ empowerment among other normative frameworks, as well as the follow-up and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides coherent support to Government, Parliament, Academia, indigenous and women´s organizations, the justice system, and UN entities, through providing upstream policy and program advice, promoting a human rights-based approach to achieve sustainable development, improving national systems, sharing of good practices and lessons learned, strengthening normative and operational linkages, and promoting South-South cooperation. In this mandate, the role of UN Women Kenya is key in ensuring that the above are achieved.
Reporting to the Deputy Representative, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programs consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he provides program, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of AWPs, programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of the programme supported activities and finances;
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support the implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to Local Project Appraisal Committee (LPAC) meetings, preparation and review of required documents and follow-ups with programme teams for timely disbursements to partners
- Follow-up with programme teams on their timely participation and provision of inputs in different coordination meetings, and file reports accordingly
- Support track GEWE related international celebrations to alert communications and coordination colleagues ahead of time
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms;
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Review to ensure all documents submitted for approval (SSAs, procurement, Tas, agreements etc) are in line with agreed checklists
Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Support track donor reporting deadlines, AWP, procurement plans, mid-term and annual reviews
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support in tracking all follow-ups required on resource mobilizations and partnership opportunities
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality logistical and administrative support to the implementation of Programme/Portfolio/activities against set work plans, timelines and budgets in line with the Strategic Note
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for Kenya office management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to the programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or program management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies and or donors is an asset
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
The post Programme Associate at UNDP appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.