Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of MSI Reproductive Choices. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Options seeks a Programme Manager to be responsible for the project management of the Technical Assistance towards Evidence Informed Health Planning and Budgeting (EIHPB) for RMNCAH at county level in Kenya. This is a component of a Multi-Donor Trust Fund managed by the World Bank.
As Programme Manager you are responsible for the effective and efficient project management of the Technical Assistance towards Evidence Informed Health Planning and Budgeting (EIHPB) for RMNCAH at county level in Kenya component of the Multi-Donor Trust Fund managed by the World Bank.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader or Project Lead you will work closely with other Options’ Departments and project teams to enable the project to be carried out on time and to budget and within Options’ quality standards of delivery.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Masters in relevant subject area or equivalent professional experience
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes, including risk manage approaches
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets
- Experience working in resource constrained settings and low- and middle- income countries
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia
- Experience of networking to build successful relationships with potential clients, collaborators and consultants
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously
- Excellent financial management skills
- Self-starter, can work independently or as part of a team
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Kenya work permit.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 21 February 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).