Programmer Jobs, Latest IT Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the Washington University in St. Louis (Wash U) is currently conducting research projects that include the ADAPT-I (Adaptive Strategy for Preventing and Treating Lapses of Retention in Adult HIV Care (ADAPT-R) Study and ADAPT-R-II. The ADAPT studies utilise the novel sequential multiple assignment randomized trial (SMART) approach to assess the effectiveness and cost
efficiency of a family of sequential strategies to prevent initial lapses in HIV retention and to treat those that occur.
We have the below vacancy in the ADAPT-R-II study.
Position: PROGRAMMER (1 Position) K MR/ 6
Vacancy No. FN-012-04-2020
Reports to: Study Manager
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is probation period
This is a software developer position. Translating business and functional requirements into software development goals will be a key responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and execute the electronic data enterprise for the study
- Develop data input forms, write and modify code, and generate queries and reports to meet study standards and procedures
- Develop user friendly interfaces with strict data quality parameters for data entry
- Develop a Node.js API to communicate with the Machine Learning Recommendation system (MLRS).
- Assist with the development of data pipelines to migrate data from clinical sources to the data warehouse, and work to develop user-facing modules to consume data from both MLRS and data warehouse
- Maintain and troubleshoot software functionality, ensuring consistent study data flow
- Write and execute queries to extract data from OpenMRS/KenyaEMR
- Prepare flow charts and system diagrams to illustrate data system and assist in problem analysis and detailed design source documentation
- Provide support and advice to system administrators when they encounter software issues that require a more advanced software understanding
- Provide software as needed to transfer and transform data between platform and data stores such as MySQL, SQL, ODK, among others
- Analyze and develop, or recommend, software solutions to support and extend software applications and to meet user and study needs
- Work closely with the Study Data Manager, ICT officer, and end users for optimal data system use and functionality
- Liaison with FACES programming team through frequent communication and knowledge sharing for enhanced and complimentary programming skills
- Prepares data for analysis in various formats as required by investigators.
- Participate in weekly science meetings, US-Kenya data manager meetings, and incountry study team meetings
- Report to local investigator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
Specific skills include:
- Knowledge in using APIs (RESTful, JSON)
- Ability to work with ODK, OpenMRS/KenyaEMR, and other open source systems is an added advantage
- Demonstrated expertise in software architecture, object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures and multi-threading
- Proven ability to write code, program parameters for data integrity, and extract data from relational databases using SQL
- Ability to work closely with the study team to translate user requirements into functional specifications then into technical development
- Proven ability to train users on the computer application use
- Ability to create user, application and technical documentation for developers and end-users
- Ability to stay abreast of current technology advances and learn new development tools and technology
- Fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability and teamwork.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must have Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; [email protected]
Applications are due no later than: May 10, 2020