Programmes Coordinator at Camara Education Ltd
Camara is an international charity org and social enterprise dedicated to using technology to improve education and provide livelihood skills in disadvantaged communities around the world. Camara Education Limited (CEL), based in Dublin, Ireland supports the Camara Africa Hubs, located in Zambia, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya and Lesotho.
Reporting To: Head of Operations Africa
Contract: Full time, 12 months
Location: Mombassa, Kenya with occasional travel to Nairobi and other project locations within Kenya as required
Start Date: August 2021
The role of Programmes Coordinator is to lead the Camara Kenya team to ensure all project activities are completed and achieve the organisation’s strategic objectives in Kenya. The job holder will be required to be actively involved on a daily basis in the projects and operations of the hub.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the HOA to deliver Camara’s strategic objectives for Kenya.
- To provide leadership, direction and staff development within the Camara Kenya team.
- To ensure the implementation of the standardised reporting template in line with Camara Education policies and establish measurable and robust KPI for each of the functional areas within the company.
- To ensure that all commercial and financial information is captured on Camara’s standard information databases (currently Salesforce and QuickBooks) and is complete and accurate.
- Establish structures to ensure the earliest commercialisation of both CLA and CLS and to support development and improvement of Camara’s e-learning resources in line with best practice.
- To oversee the delivery of all projects and establish a best in class M&E framework for every Camara project within Kenya.
- To be a key contributor in the construction and implementation of Camara’s Annual and Strategic Plans.
- To ensure the highest standards of governance.
- Provide updates and report any management group tasks for Camara Kenya projects to senior management, project partners and funders.
- To support business development- overseeing new marketing initiatives for the Hub
- To establish a framework to maximise successful 3rd party funding available within Kenya as well as contribute towards Camara’s overall funding initiatives.
- To complete any other supportive tasks as required by management.
The Ideal Person will:
- Hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline, ideally Education, ICT or Development (essential)
- Have experience managing teams and projects for a minimum of 3 years (essential)
- Have demonstrable experience in donor relationship management, including grant management, proposal and report writing, ideally within the humanitarian context and/or with the major institutional donors.
- Have previous experience working in Kenya or another African Country
- Be fluent in English (essential), Knowledge of Swahili an advantage
- Be a confident, strong willed, tenacious, self-starter who has the ability to work in a dynamic, diverse and demanding environment.
- Be results orientated – focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Have good social skills and excels at relationship building.
- Be a strong contributor to Operational and Strategic Planning processes.
- Be prepared to work and live in Mombasa and have the required Kenyan work and residency permits.
The post Programmes Coordinator at Camara Education Ltd appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.