Project Assistant, Sports for Peace and Development
Responsible to:**Project Officer, Sports for Peace and Development
**Responsible to: Field Officer(s)
Department :Education and Livelihoods*
Employment Type: *Regular full-time
1.Project Planning and Design
- Support program development, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Design interventions responsive to the context by way of using sports.
- Design or review training manuals to aid in delivery of the intervention targeting the Youths
- Develop project work plans for sports and development
- Develop and maintain relevant database of data and serve as a hub of data that may be required for reporting purposes and sharing with donors
- Incorporate workable empowerment model in new projects.
2.Project Implementation and Training
· Mobilize community on a need basis within the sports for peace and development project.
· Promote youth participation in sports, social cohesion and peace initiatives.
· Develop new and novel sporting activities with an aim of increasing youth participation and engagement.
· Establish of joint development initiatives among the different communities in Kibera to promote sustainable development.
· Mentorship and training of young community leaders to spearhead peace and development initiatives in Kibera.
· Establish and run community youth parliaments to increase democracy and spearhead community development initiatives that target the youths
· Link talented youth to opportunities in sports academies and clubs.
· Promote professional development for coaches and referees.
· Participate in the development and update of training materials.
· Forge positive partnerships for the attainment of project goals.
· In liaison with the Program Coordinator identify opportunities to strengthen the sports for development component of the program.
· Represent the program in trainings, forums and seminars with directive from the coordinator
· Engage with the coordinator in prospecting for funds
3.Project Monitoring& Evaluation
· Compile reports (narrative and data) and submit them to the program coordinator as per the set deadlines
· Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
· Ensure proper documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt.
· Evaluation of training conducted.
· Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees.
4.Financial Management and Reporting
· Offer support in program budgets. Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans, budget vs actual analyses, and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized.
· Ensure donor compliance with donor guidelines and contracts including budget flexibility and reporting requirements.
· Manage budget and work plan in liaison with the coordinator.
5.Education and Competencies
· Diploma in Community Development, Social Studies, Project Management and related field.
· Minimum 2 years in a similar position with demonstrated achievements.
· Informal Settlement experience is an added advantage.
· Great Interpersonal Skills.
· Team Player who is ready to learn and grow.
· Has empathy, is Positive and has encouraging personality.
· Has knowledge on child protection policy and implementation
· Has been able to implement youth mentorship curriculum
· Has knowledge on Microsoft office packages and among other ICT skills
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with reference PROJECT ASSISTANT, SPORTS FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT to [email protected] on or before 16th April 2021.