Project Associate, Recruitment – East Africa at Educate!
Educate! works to transform education in Africa to teach youth to solve poverty for themselves and their communities. Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness along with mentorship to start real businesses at school. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors.
At Educate!, we are redefining the concept of post-primary education. Today, we operate in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya designing and delivering solutions that equip young people with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities.
We’re looking for a motivated and adaptive professional to join the growing Talent Team. As a Project Associate, you will work collaboratively with various stakeholders, playing a critical role in ensuring we attract, hire and retain the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline. This position will be based in any of our East Africa offices, and is open to nationals of these countries.
- Implement creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants.
- Implement key recruiting processes for high-level global and new country hires
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all applicants by responding to enquiries from prospective applicants timely and professionally.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Build and follow robust screening and interview techniques to give memorable interview experience to the candidates.
Build Candidate Pipeline
- Build networks for best-in-class talent sourcing and internal pipelines for several key functions.
- Implement new strategies to further develop the Educate! Brand to prospective applicants.
Implement new technologies
- Support in the implementation and management of recruiting systems
- Influence hiring managers so they adhere to recruiting processes 98% of the time
- Leverage data to develop insights
Country-Specific Recruiting Team Support
- Support our in-country teams in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda with recruiting needs as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of requests in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and email/internet
- Exceptional judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and candidate information
- Background in HR Preferred
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Compensation will be competitive for the social enterprise sector and commensurate with experience.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
The post Project Associate, Recruitment – East Africa at Educate! appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.