Project Contractor: Inclusive Economies
Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is the corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company.
We believe that societies around the world should be free, fair and informed.
We work to advance media freedom, raise awareness of human rights issues, and foster more inclusive economies. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique services to drive systemic change.
Inclusive Economies focus area
We work with journalists, legal practitioners, civil society, policymakers and the private sector with the aim of fostering equitable, sustainable and participatory economies.
We employ a unique blend of our expertise in journalism, media development, legal research and convenings, with the aim of:
- • Ending modern slavery
- • Fostering a fair and sustainable economic system
- • Raising awareness of the impact of technology on society
Scope of Work:
Thomson Reuters Foundation is recruiting a contractor for the Inclusive Economies programme who will:
1. Co-ordinate and deliver an alliance on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and its outputs.
2. Co-ordinate the delivery of a series of online and face-to-face convenings.
3. Provide logistical support for projects, events and travel.
4. Develop and maintain all systems and processes needed to run convenings and projects efficiently.
5. Be responsible for stakeholder outreach, and developing and maintaining engagement databases and tools.
Projects deliverables and tasks:
Co-ordinate and deliver an alliance on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and an event series:
- • Organise convenings and support the development of an alliance around ESG indicators.
• Co-ordinate the development of the ESG alliance outputs such as white papers and toolkits.
• Provide logistical support for events, convenings and overseas travel.
• Draft material needed for the implementation of the events and alliance.
• Draft proposal and concept note for funders and partners to grow alliance and event series
• Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
• Update project finances monthly, co-ordinating with the finance team.
• Liaising with the Foundation’s communications and digital teams, to produce material and social content for events and alliance.
Responsible for tailored stakeholder outreach and engagement and for the development and maintainance of the systems and tools needed to deliver the inclusive economy programme effectively:
- • Develop and maintain systems and documents for stakeholder outreach and management on the IE economies three pillars with a specific focus on fostering fair and sutainable economic models, capital markets and ESG indicators.
- • Co-ordinate new partnerships, coalitions, and networks and deliver the agreed programme outcomes.
- • Support with partnerships outreach and management with a specific focus on ESGs and sustainable investors, and data and digital rights key players.
- • Help co-ordinate internal groups across the Foundation teams on data and digital rights and shifting economic models.
- • Support with the outreach in Africa for the Stop Slavery Award.
- • Work in collaboration with TrustLaw Africa team to align projects and convenings with their strategy.
- • Support with administrative tasks such as diary management, invoices and expenses, travel and logistics.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- • Strong administrative experience.
- • Experience in project management and/ or running capacity-building initiatives and coalitions.
- • Experience in co-ordinating researches and toolkits scope, development and launch.
- • Experience with databases and survey tools (knowledge of Salesforce and/ or SurveyGizmo would be an advantage).
- • A proactive, process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail.
• An excellent communicator with first-class written and verbal communication skills.
• A highly motivated self-starter, with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• A good understanding of ESGs and sustainable investment in the Africa region preferred or a strong interest in developing expertise in the area.
• Fluent in English, other languages highly desirable.
• Have the right to work in Kenya.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 15th July 2020**
First Round Interviews will take place on the 21st & 22nd July
Second Round Interviews will take place on the 28th July**
The daily rate is relative to the charitable sector.
An accurate work statement will be developed with the appointed contractor as part of their services’ agreement contract.
To apply for this contract, please send your CV and cover letter describing how you will deliver the scope of work to [email protected] Please use as subject: Inclusive Economies Contractor.