Project Delivery Officer at Christian Blind Mission
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Kenya is an independent Member Association of the CBM Family, registered under Kenyan law as an incorporated company limited by guarantee, having a Memorandum and Articles of Association with a membership, board and company secretary. The association submits an annual audit and company returns. CBM’s work in Kenya aims to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities through specialised service provision and by addressing the various barriers towards an inclusive society. CBM desires to be a long term development partner to Kenya in the journey towards a more disability friendly country, in which there is improved awareness in various sectors of society regarding disability and increased participation of people with special abilities in national development.
Main objective of the role:
This position in collaboration with the country program teams supports the sound project implementation as well as ensures high quality and timely donor reporting for EU and other public donor projects.
We are looking for someone who will
- Ensuring timely, high quality donor financial and narrative reporting in the respective donor formats and systems.
- Monitoring and management of approved (co-) financed projects according to the donors’ guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and organizational processes relating to institutional co-funding
- Continuously building project delivery expertise, especially for LCDF projects and implementing this knowledge into CBM’s project work
- Coordination of project related communication with regard to request of funds, reporting and accounting between the local implementing partners, the country office and regional hub.
- Timely and comprehensive communication of project information within CBM.
- When required, give presentations at donors’ events as well as preparation and supervision of project visits with donor representatives.
- Organize regular information sharing and training events for program and finance/administrative staff of the partners and CO in relation to donor requirements and compliance.
- Support the relevant Africa East and South Region Country Offices in the development of new project proposals and concept notes.
We are looking for someone who has;
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, project management business administration, or related field;
- Professional experience of 5 years in a similar role;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Mature, dependable self-starter who follows through on tasks;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English; German language skill as added advantage;
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels;
- Proven good organizational and coordination skills;
- A high level of autonomy and flexibility;
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds;
- Advantage of lived experience with disability;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values and Safeguarding Policy.
The post Project Delivery Officer at Christian Blind Mission appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.