Project Management Associate AFO Project at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
We provide solutions to alleviate global hunger and poverty through the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency.
Overview of the position
AfricaFertilizer is recruiting a Project Management (PM) Associate at mid-level or entry level (depending on experience). The role will involve working closely with the Project Manager and the Assistant Project Manager to coordinate project management support to AFO.
The Project Associate will work closely in ensuring project oversight and management including supporting implementation, technical deliverable management, and administrative management. The Project Associate will assist in coordinating all administrative and contractual aspects of the portfolio of the project. Responsibilities in project management will grow with experience. When necessary, the position will also support in any and all phases of business development activities.
- Set up and follow up on Project Management meetings, take comprehensive minutes
- Record action points and follow up with responsible people until completion.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of project deliverables and track development and submission of deliverables under the guidance of the Project manager.
- Provide routine administrative support on project management related to record-keeping, personnel and consultant recruitment and hiring and financial and budget management.
- Support new business development as and when needed (research, partnering, capture including desk and in-country research)
- Arrange, manage and plan the project events to execution.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Location & Travel and Reporting
This position will be based at IFDC’s Regional East & Southern Africa Office in Nairobi and may include travel to projects in Africa. The position will report directly to the AFO Project Manager and/or his designee
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive, possess strong communication skills, a team player and be able to problem solve on an ad-hoc basis. He or she will independently trouble-shoot common problems and escalate more complex issues to technical and management leaders and follows up until resolved.
- IFDC is looking for candidates with an interest in international agricultural and agribusiness development, as evidenced by work experience or academic study, as well as strong research and administrative skills.
- Strong team-working skills, and attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines are important, as is excellent written English.
- At a minimum, an undergraduate degree or equivalent in international development or relevant subject plus one year of administrative or technical professional experience.
- Strong organizational skills; good numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally;
- Strong MS office skills;
- An understanding of project management;
- A proven ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to travel internationally; if required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners, and stakeholders
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- French writing and communication skills is an added advantage.
The post Project Management Associate AFO Project at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.