Project Manager (12-month Contract) at Mastercard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are a Project Management professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the IT Project Manager, the Project Manager, Contract is responsible for project leadership with a focus on processes and software implementations. Ideal candidate is a project enabler able to deliver solutions to meet business need using fundamental Project Management and Business Analysis techniques. This includes your ability to gather technical and non-technical business requirements, coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders and fully govern requirements and process flow to project completion.
The Project Manager must be comfortable with uncertainty and possess the flexibility to co-create with dynamic, cross-functional teams to deliver integrated solutions within scope, time, and cost.
This is a Contract role with the possibility of leading to a permanent position.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our country offices in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Support the management of Application Development and Infrastructure projects.
- Develop strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders to balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Develop and support innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business that align with system architecture and strategic goals.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve issues and develop business/client friendly solutions.
- Collect and document business requirements for project and process improvement/automation efforts.
- Report and escalate issues as required to IT Project Manager.
- Translate business objectives and requirements into functional and system specifications.
- Contribute to the delivery of business change and process improvement.
- Drive and/or support change management and communications.
- Communicate and advocate for the product and business vision.
- Collaborate with business and vendor IT teams to analyze, design new work processes, resolve issues, and develop business/client solutions.
- Provide support for adoption of new processes by participating in the development of end user training, where appropriate.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset. Relevant project management and/or business analysis training/certifications are preferred (PMP/PMIBOK, BCS/ISEB diploma, IIBA certification, etc.)
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience in project management and business analysis roles across several business process applications, data definitions, integrations, and varieties of infrastructure.
- Experience reviewing and examining business processes and systems, modeling data, organizing activities, and developing business strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a high level of quality in work products, including diligence and detail oriented in analysis performed and precision in statements made.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate and motivate teams to achieve results. Can demonstrate the ability to manage demanding and challenging stakeholders.
- Demonstrates accountability and leadership.
- Competent ability to deliver under pressure and respond to a changing environment.
- Experience working in international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, and high-performance working teams.
- Ability to speak French and/or local language are an asset.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
The post Project Manager (12-month Contract) at Mastercard Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.