Project Manager Enterprise Development and Coaching at Standard Bank Group
To be responsible for the successful management and delivery of major and/or strategic Foundation projects from commencement to completion within the scope, budget and time agreed to.
Drive and oversee the execution of Strategic Foundation activities
• Responsible for identifying, planning and delivering programs that are aimed at solving business problems and impacting SME’s so that they can become better, more viable and bankable businesses
• Responsible for the strategy, implementation plan, action and review of the programs that are aimed at enabling SMEs to become sustainable and profitable business
• Responsible for measuring outcomes against inputs/outputs and coming up with monitoring and evaluation methodology for all programs under their docket
• Support Head of Foundation in preparation of annual strategies and budgets to the board, and prudently manage the foundation’s resources within those budget guidelines
• Monthly monitoring, regular engagement management of the portfolio of accelerated SMEs, ensuring they meet their quarterly targets and budgets
• Oversight in overall Foundation training, pedagogy, methodology, curricula development process and selection and implementation of training programs
• Oversight on end to end development and administration of learning tool and resources
• Oversight on training quality control, assessments and evaluations on quarterly basis
• Co-ordinates application of training resources, locations and ensure optimal use of resources to generate greatest impact across SME needs in the Country
• Provide leadership to project team members (if any) on the projects and ensure that team members are motivated to deliver.
• Identify the most appropriate resources for the project, together with the business owners and other teams, whether from internal business or from external vendors.
• Guide the execution of all project activities and resolve or mitigate risks or issues that could impact the committed delivery of the project.
• Must have the ability to deliver on the programs by themselves in cases where there are no implementation partners
• Must have the ability and experience in coaching and mentoring SMEs and have proven methods of tracking and analysing progress of agreed upon actions from selected interventions for the business
• Be actively involved in finding ways to promote, create awareness, enhance visibility and build scale of the Foundation programs
Manage the assets, resources and finances of the Foundation
• Manage the assets, resources and finances of the Foundation
• Optimises and ensures alignment to procurement processes.
Responsible for Preparing project documents and leading trainings
• Ensure accurate record keeping, document and content management of all projects and business specification documents, research results, investigations and correspondence.
• Generate Impact reports on a quarterly basis, set impact matrix and benchmarks at every quarter
• Policy and procedure development (using wherever possible Stanbic Foundation’s policies and procedures)
• Responsible for reporting on a monthly basis to the relevant committess and contributing to the board pack as and when required
Support the process of initiating projects and perform project planning
• Responsible for ensuring that business cases for agreed projects are valid and approved before the commencement of new project work. Review the authorisation of the project dimensions (scope, cost) prior to commencing project activities.
• Participate in constituting the project board and identifying the correct project stakeholders. Engage with all the key stakeholders to ensure that they will be involved in the project at the correct level.
• Identify and manage project risks and issues, throughout the project life cycle. Raise all key risks and issues at a project board level.
• Build and manage project plans and schedules. Project plans should cover the various management plans covering scope, time, cost and quality management plans.
• Conduct estimations for project activities as it relates to their duration and resources required to perform the work.
• Conduct research into and make use of the appropriate existing intellectual property as relevant to the assigned project tasks. Ensure that existing information, processes and tools are maximised before recommending new approaches.
• Build relationships with key project participants include business owners, process owners and technology colleagues. Tell Foundation stories and showcase the impact being made at all levels on various channels – physical, digital, reports etc;
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement for Foundation
• Manages and continuously develops relationships with key training providers, sits in sessions and generates feedback to trainers on an on-going basis
• Oversight on mentorship/coaching with SME cohorts as pre-agreed with service delivery partners
• Recruitment and management of potential entrepreneurs
• Develop a team that identifies and recruits SME’s to various co-horts and training programs as per Stanbic Foundations operational plans
• Constantly recruit partners to complement Stanbic Foundation’s contribution in terms of capital and skills, ensuring agreements are successfully concluded
• Develop and maintain partnerships externally and internally that will enable better delivery of projects
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Field of study: Business Commerce
Any other University Degree with a Diploma Entrepreneurship or Business Management or related areas
At least three years’ work experience with micro, small and medium sized enterprises.
Strong understanding of provision of financial services to MSME is added advantage
Good communication and project management experience with a proven track record • Keen interest and previous experience working with entrepreneurs and start-ups.Knowledge of the Kenyan entrepreneurial eco system and what early stage businesses are looking for is a must
Demonstrated Training and facilitation skills with ability to work with diverse business audiences at a group and individual level
Demonstrate understanding of ICT use in the MSMEs
Practical experience in offering business advisory to micro and small enterprises.
Practical experience in business management an added advantage
The post Project Manager Enterprise Development and Coaching at Standard Bank Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.