Project Manager Job, Current IT Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Project Manager,
Salary: Competitive Based on Experience,
Our client is a fast growing internet service provider in the country. They seek to hire a well-experienced and efficient Project Manager tasked with planning, scheduling, and managing the rollout of core infrastructure network and customer connectivity solutions to new areas across Kenya, on a project basis. Once rollout has been completed, the successful candidate may be reassigned to other projects, or move into a day-to-day operations role in the region.
- Develop and manage project plans for new expansion areas to support the implementation of the core network infrastructure in metro fiber and customer installations, working across multiple teams within the organisation.
- Liaise with, commission, and manage service providers and/or suppliers who may be required to support expansion efforts from time to time
- Secure necessary permits needed for building core network infrastructure in different towns in the country.
- Plan and execute logistics for implementing the core fiber infrastructure network and customer installations within a new metro region, including but not limited to the organisation of accommodation, vehicles, and commercial premises.
- Order all equipment and supplies required for metro fiber expansion, including both core network and customer installations. Coordinate with the Operations team to ensure that all stock supplied meets an acceptable standard, and ensure there are no defects and/or outages.
- Secure, source, and/or recruit technicians who can support the build of the core infrastructure network and customer installations, as well as provide on-going local technical support.
- Be responsible for ensuring that build and installation reports are completed and validated with the Technical team to ensure optimum network performance and minimal failures
- Commission all installation to org specs and ensure sign-off with all clients in regards to equipment installed and service quality achieved at installation.
- Ensure that all operations policies and procedures, including health and safety, are adhered to at all times throughout the expansion process
- Be responsible for delivering the technical implementation on time and to budget. Contribute to the expansion report to demonstrate achievement of targets.
- Be responsible for regional teams and resources such as fleet. Advise on regional expansion requirements and infrastructure deployment when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, ICT, or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of relevant work/management experience, managing complex metro fiber projects for both small and large scale telecommunications and/or ISPs in challenging environments such as remote/rural areas
- Experience of fiber Core Infrastructure Network Planning, Design, Implementation and Maintenance, as well as customer connectivity and power solutions.
- “Technical guru” with the ability to provide QA and challenge to the Technical team and identify potential issues before they happen.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower others
- Results and detail oriented with a very hands on approach
- Excellent project management, and decision making skills
- Able to operate under high pressure with limited resources
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to propose creative solutions and think outside the box where required
- Willingness and flexibility to travel for extended periods of time, and/or relocate to new regions as required.