Project Officer Health and Nutrition – Nairobi
Job Title: Project Officer, Health and Nutrition (1 Position)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Health and Nutrition, Nairobi
Direct reports: Field Assistants
Job Location: Nairobi County
Contract Details: 6 months fixed contract
Group Personal Accident Cover
Group Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
To provide technical leadership, guidance as well as hands on support to the Sub County Health Management Teams to strengthen their capacity and skills in the implementation of key COVID-19 preparedness and response actions in Health and WASH and ensure continuity of health services during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support to MoH on delivery of key COVID-19 preparedness and response actions in Health and WASH and ensure continuity of health services during the COVID 19 pandemic components at health facilities and at the sub county;
· Assist the Senior Manager to provide technical support to partners in the implementation of the project.
· Work with partners to implement work plans as agreed;
· In partnership with the Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) including the Sub County Medical Officer in charge of health (SCMOH), Sub County Public Health Nurse, Sub-County Nutrition Coordinator, Public Health Officers, Sub County Community Health Services Focal Person and the health facility health workers to develop and implement joint work plans for the Sub-county;
· Ensure programme quality control through implementation of monthly and quarterly M&E;
· Work closely with the Senior Manager in monitoring the health situation in Concern areas of work;
· Support with operationalization of community Units and community mobilization activities; plan trainings , routinely engage Community Health Volunteers and Community Health Assistants;
· Support with documentation of the programme implementation process to generate lesson learning as well as case studies;
· Writing of monthly reports and briefs as well as quarterly reports;
· Attend and adequately represent Concern in Sub-county meetings/fora as may be required;
· Work closely with the MOH and other partners to ensure that all health facilities have adequate drug supplies in the MNCH and Nutrition service areas;
· Liaising with Logistics, IT, Transport, Finance and HR departments in Nairobi to provide logistical and administrative support to the program.
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s emergency response as and when necessary and comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Code of Conduct and Associated Policies:
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies
· To contribute to establishing preventative measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
To support and promote the standards outlined in the CoC and associated policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Program Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern program (as per P4 section 6)
· Degree or Diploma in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Community Health and Public Health or related fields. (Masters in Public health or related field is an added advantage)
· At least three (3) years’ experience in Maternal and Child Health, WASH or community development programming with experience in health system strengthening in both a development and emergency context.
· Previous employment or extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs.
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform; ability to manage several major multidimensional activities simultaneously.
· Proven success partnering with the Ministry of Health and extensive collaboration and networking with NGOs
· Good understanding of cross cutting issues-gender, HIV and AIDS, DRR, etc. and how to integrate them into public health/nutrition programmes
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, coordination and leadership skills Proficiency in the use of computer applications
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
How to apply
Interested applicants, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter only to [email protected] with the subject of the email as ‘Project Officer, Health and Nutrition – Nairobi The closing date for applications is 23rd June 2020
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.