Public Health Technician at South Eastern Kenya University
Welcome to the South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU). The University is a fully fledged University and is the successor to the South Eastern University College (SEUCO) which was a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi. The University has undergone tremendous growth since inception in 2008. The current student population stands at around 6,000 students. We pride ourselves in having highly qualified teaching staff consisting of Professors and lecturers most of whom have a Ph. D and vast experience in both teaching and research. This ensures that our students are well equipped with knowledge in their areas of study that makes them stand out from the rest. Our focus is producing all round graduates able to contribute to the development of this country. The University is a premier institution of higher learning in the region offering various certificate, diploma and degree programmes. SEKU envisions becoming a World Class University with quality teaching, creative learning, innovative research and strong community outreach. I wish to take this opportunity to invite potential students to study at South Eastern Kenya University.
Responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange the laboratory apparatus and models in an orderly manner for smooth processes during the practical session.
- Provide support for practical learning in science courses by facilitating practical sessions to ensure efficient delivery of the content matter.
- Assist in invigilation of practical examination sessions to enhance integrity and quality in the examination process.
- Provide a conducive and safe learning environment in the laboratory to ensure conformity with the stipulated occupational,health and safety standards.
- Collect experimental specimens and samples using stipulated standard operating procedures to be used for practical demonstration.
Requirements for appointment to the post of Public Health Technician Grade 5
- Diploma in Public Health or Environmental Health from a recognized institution.
- Member of Public Health Officer and Technicians Council.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
The post Public Health Technician at South Eastern Kenya University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.