Public Relations Assistant at International Transformation Foundation
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youths of today as leaders with strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
- Join the Pipe Project: Also known as a water kiosk at school it consist of financing community based schools and youth associations to set up Join the Pipe Water Kiosk model at school/ community across Kenya for people to access clean drinking water and sanitation whenever possible.
- Jijenge Kijana Fund: A youth Livelihood Pathways offering micro-credit, micro- saving and training enabling ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods.
- Youth Leadership & Entrepreneurship Training: Consisting of debates and workshops giving East African youth life didactic principles with intensive instructions that shoves them to expand their boundaries of knowledge molding them into great leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Reflect Experiment Capture (REC): Is a project entailing art, experimental film making and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying in particular through experimental film making as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth which is our target group.
- Young Social Innovators – Engines of Social Change: The project aims on one hand to conduct a comparative analysis of youth Issues, attitudes and policies in relation with the social innovation processes from the perspective of various world regions, and on the other hand to promote the recognition of youth work by building youth workers’ and youth leaders’ capacity to empower young people for using social innovation in finding local answers to complex social and societal challenges in participating communities.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training 4 Youth Power “SET YP”: The project aims to develop structured and innovative solutions towards increasing employability potential of young people throughout providing them with knowledge on social entrepreneurship & innovation.
Public Relations Assistant:
Your role is to tell the ITF’s story to the outside world, shaping the narrative about the organization’s work and helping create a positive public perception to investors, partners and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publishing Content: You are required to write original content that portrays ITF in the best possible light. This requires you to: Compile and keep a record of ITF communications with external stakeholders as well as work alongside other teams within ITF to create written content, as well as videos and pictures.
- Creating content: Once you have created your content, you are responsible for publishing and distributing it in order to maintain a vibrant online presence for ITF. While you are encouraged to think creatively in this space, you are expected, at a minimum, to:
- Post regularly on ITF’s official social media platforms.
- Design and manage ITF website content, including success stories, testimonials and picture archives.
- Ensure that the information you disseminate is compliant with ITF’s privacy guidelines.
- Fundraising: In conjunction with the Account Assistant and Secretary General, you are responsible for generating money for ITF’s projects. This requires you to:
- Identify and prepare grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for designed projects or office expenses.
- Maintain engagement with existing partners, ensuring they are aware of projects that are underway, the impact they are having, and the financial transparency of all processes. This engagement will occur through personalized emails before and after projects, and in-depth reports.
- Extend the partners base through structured fundraising appeals.
Basic Knowledge &Skills required:
The Applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Hold at least a Diploma in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing and other related fields
- Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
- Ability to come up with creative ideas and content for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
- Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi task and prioritize,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges’
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
- Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development.
Although ITF Volunteers enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF Staff operate on full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.
The post Public Relations Assistant at International Transformation Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.