Python / Django Back-End Engineer at Lori Systems
Lori Systems is a fast growing, technology venture based in Nairobi, Kenya led by Harvard & MIT graduates and backed by local & international investors and advisors. Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport
Lori is seeking a hands-on Senior Python/Django Back-end Engineer to join our Product team based in Nairobi. As a Back-End Engineer, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features about the back-end. You will also be expected to be a role model for coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the back-end team.
- Leading the design and development of back-end features and components
- Collaborating with other engineers in API design and development
- Scaling the back-end architecture and codebase
- Reducing the level of technical debt of the back-end codebase
- Stewarding technical standards and quality
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
- Provide peer code review
- Analyze and assess code with an insistence on quality and reliability
- BSc in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building enterprise level SaaS platforms
- Experience with our stack: Python, Django, ElasticSearch, OAuth, Postgres, Redis, Redshift, AWS hosting.
- Experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like MySQL, Django, Redis, Python, RESTFul APIs, etc.
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable application backends
- Strong object-oriented programming and test driven development skills
- Great communication skills, interacting with development, testing and product team members
- Experience working as part of an agile team and knowledge of agile process
Good to have
- DevOps Experience
- ReactJS, NodeJS,
- MSc. in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience in a fast paced top tech company
The Lori team of ~200 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
The post Python / Django Back-End Engineer at Lori Systems appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.