Category Manager Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs,
JOB TITLE: CATEGORY MANAGER
Our Client in the retail sector is seeking to hire a Category Manager who will be responsible for coordinating with buyers as well as supporting purchases for our Client. The role holder is also responsible for assisting with selection and examining products that get to store shelves, in catalogues, and online.
- Implement effective strategies for sourcing goods and maintaining desired stock levels
- Research and review new products to meet company’s goals
- Prepare and review purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Research and suggest new suppliers with long-term cost savings or quality improvement
- Implement methods to reduce shortages and overstocking through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Engage in souring the best quality products for competitive prices aligned with the organizations objectives
- Manage the issuances of tenders and RFQs to the market in coordination with the relevant business users within the business.
- Implement negotiation strategies to secure profitable deals
- Stay abreast of shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Develop a cost scenario analysis, and benchmarking for the sourcing function when required.
- Identify profitable suppliers and initiate partnerships
- Cultivate relationships with existing and future suppliers
- Develop and provide inputs on the risk evaluation of existing and future supply contracts
- Identify trustworthy vendors and suppliers to develop future partnerships with
- Utilize network to expand supplier base and attend trade shows to identify new product trends and potential suppliers
- Develop reports on key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Follow all required policies and procedures related to quality assurance of sourced items
- Ensure regular supplier audits are implemented
- Oversee communication with suppliers on quality related issues and propose areas for improvement to ensure best quality products
- Report any action that might interfere with the proper functioning of the company.
- Communicate with Sales Development frequently to better understand the needs of the Client.
- Develop database of key trends in consumer retail
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the sourcing function
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of the client’s corporate policies and relevant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- 2+ years in retail
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Strong people management skills
- Strong business communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
The interested candidates should apply not later than 5:00 pm, 18-05-21. Only shortlisted
Applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any
Solicitation will lead to disqualification.