Quality Analyst at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Kenya Breweries Ltd is the largest producer of alcoholic and adult non-alcoholic beverages in the country. At the Nairobi site, the company has a capacity of >5.5 million HLs of beer and >1.5million for spirits.
The Quality Department is responsible for developing and monitoring systems to control the quality of beer and spirits with the aim being to achieve the highest quality standard product that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
This role works closely with Operators, Production team leaders, Line managers and the Quality Manager amongst other stakeholders in production of Beer &Spirits.
KBL Nairobi Site comprises of several departments including Brewing, Packaging, Utilities/Engineering, Logistics & warehousing among others with critical interdependencies with the Quality department.
Operational budget: In-charge of ensuring the laboratory budget on consumables and Lab equipment is adhered to as per AOP.
KBL produces and distributes a number of high-Quality brands in Bottles, Cans and Kegs in various SKUs (Stock Keeping Units) ranging from 300ml to 50L.
It is critical that the company maintain high quality of inputs and outputs through effective Quality Control/Assurance procedures in order to remain at the top in the market and satisfy the expectations and needs of the consumer at competitive cost.
The Quality Analyst works in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as applicable in the area of operation. Operates the laboratory equipment in terms of safety, quality, delivery, cost & hygiene. In the event of a breakdown, he / she attends to the breakdown and in case of difficulties escalates to the equipment super user and team leader for support.
- Understands the Beer/Spirits productions processes and takes end to end ownership of product quality in their team/shift.
- Sets demanding and stretching targets for self and others in the team.
- Owns quality issues and leads 5 why for their resolution in their team/section
- Ability to build trust and candour with team members
- Takes decisions on his/her role within the company procedures and policies to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Balance team goals with individual responsibilities and exercises good judgement on priorities
- Take ownership and action on any safety concerns to maintain a ZERO harm culture.
- Escalates promptly product quality issues requiring wider team involvement
- Empowered to safeguard process control and quality of the product
Purpose of Role
- To provide Process Quality Assurance activities within production and troubleshooting of the Quality issues.
- To drive process conformance to standards in production processes and assure highest standards of Quality in all products.
- Adherence to all company safety regulations including operating equipment in adherence to the safety guidelines to ensure all safety requirements for self and those working around the machines are met
- Ensuring that equipment are well calibrated and reference standards used at defined frequencies. Proper use and update of SPC charts to ensure accuracy of measurements.
- Reagent preparation and standardization before use in any analysis by self, operator and third-party service providers in accordance with the SOPs.
- Carry out sampling and analysis as per the sampling schedule and in accordance to the SOPs and ensure 100% results reliability.
- Routine in process and finished product sensory profiling.
- Conduct routine finished product release and effect Isolation (physical and SAP system) for non-conforming finished product.
- Train operators on online meters calibration and accuracy check.
- Develop and participate in inter lab ring scheme programme to guarantee lab accuracy and certification at defined frequency.
- To monitor process performance, CCPs, SICs and maintain accurate data across all processes.
- Sustaining the hygiene state of the Laboratory’s plants in accordance to the food safety standard by ensuring cleaning schedule is adhered to and CI activities are carried out to eliminate sources of dirt.
- Actively Participate in quality improvement workstreams identified in area of operation
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial /Analytical Chemistry
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Working Knowledge in Quality Management Systems, Brewing and Packaging process.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
The post Quality Analyst at Diageo appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.