Quality Assurance Engineer at KCB Bank Kenya
Reporting to Senior Manager, IT Quality Assurance Engineering & Automation, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks, in addition to creating, implementing, and automating testing in support of software test requirements.
The Quality Assurance Engineer works with QA Analysts to develop, maintain, and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure. The Senior QA Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set.
- Test strategy formulation which includes decomposing the business and technical requirements into test scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other testing preparation activities.
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs, and requirements documents with cross-functional teams.
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects QA activities and tasks. Develops plans and schedules based on these predictions.
- Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks.
- Executes and reports on planned tests, report and manage defects, regress software fixes for new and existing products, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed.
- Coach and mentor QA Analysts in modern approaches for execution of testing efforts.
- Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box and white-box test scripts.
- Research, Develop and/or Recommend tools to assist QA Analysts in test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases.
- Lead monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms and performing code reviews.
- Management and maintenance of Test Environments.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Any one professional qualification from the list: ISTQB / ISTQB Agile Tester Certification / Certified Test Engineer (CSTE) / Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) / Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) / CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality).
- Project management certifications will be added advantage.
- 5 years progressive experience in Information Technology with 4 years in IT Projects.
- 3 years Software Quality Assurance.
- 2 years Software Test Automation
The post Quality Assurance Engineer at KCB Bank Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.